Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

So just how far are you willing to go if as you say you are willing to be convinced? . I can offer open seminar with plenty of evidence and resources with oxford educated people along with comprehensive dropouts like myself

Monday nights 90 mins with biscuits and tea

We have all the time in the world right here in this thread, why not bring it here?

because i can't imagine how such a story could be made up,and even if it was, what reason would those early writers have for deceiving people.

Because divinity is a little easier to believe if you give a man 'magic powers' and throw in a few angels. Jesus was a man, the product of two people having sex. That is nowhere near as interesting as a Virgin Birth (a story found in other cultures at the time).

What motives would make them wish to spread lies.

The desire to influence people. Jesus is reported to have done things purely to fulfill earlier Jewish prophecy.

Old Testament: "And lo, the Messiah will ride into town on a donkey."

Jesus: "Yeah ... oi! Oi! Get me a donkey, quick!!"

;)

in spite of that it still manages to satisfy millions all over the world.If all of it had been false,it would have ceased to have any influence long ago.

So, using that logic, then you accept Hinduism aswell?

No. I was raised Roman Catholic but realized at a young age that monotheism just didn't resonate with me logically or emotionally. To me, the Christian God seems inconsistent, irrational, petty and cruel.

Paganism seems to answer most, if not all, my spiritual questions. It just "feels right" in my gut. I believe in a chi-like force (call it goddess or god, if you like) that flows through the universe, connecting all things; in the power of magic and in the never-ending cycle of death and rebirth, including reincarnation.

Do you know why you believe this?

Because divinity is a little easier to believe if you give a man 'magic powers' and throw in a few angels. Jesus was a man, the product of two people having sex. That is nowhere near as interesting as a Virgin Birth (a story found in other cultures at the time).

The desire to influence people. Jesus is reported to have done things purely to fulfill earlier Jewish prophecy.

Old Testament: "And lo, the Messiah will ride into town on a donkey."

Jesus: "Yeah ... oi! Oi! Get me a donkey, quick!!"

;)

So, using that logic, then you accept Hinduism aswell?

I'm not going to listen to any more mocking.

I'm too polite to call you a heathen ,so i won't do that.;)

No. I was raised Roman Catholic but realized at a young age that monotheism just didn't resonate with me logically or emotionally. To me, the Christian God seems inconsistent, irrational, petty and cruel.

Paganism seems to answer most, if not all, my spiritual questions. It just "feels right" in my gut. I believe in a chi-like force (call it goddess or god, if you like) that flows through the universe, connecting all things; in the power of magic and in the never-ending cycle of death and rebirth, including reincarnation.

Where do the pagans get this belief in rebirth from? Is there some source you could point us to?

Buddhist and Hindu belief in rebirth isn't eternal, I'm not 100% sure about the Jain concept although I would imagine it also isn't eternal.

I have some difficulty in accepting rebirth at all, but I would be very interested in knowing 'what' it is you believe is reborn and more of the technical details of your belief in it, if you wouldn't mind going a little deeper.

You're very antagonistic towards me sometimes. You were sniping at me on the Piers Morgan thread. I've never said anything personal towards you, and I don't understand why you do it to me.

Because you rip her...cough! "logic" to shreds and make her very uncomfortable.