Do you believe in God?

Do you believe in God?  

374 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in God?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Willing to be convinced

I am here through sheer instinct to survive...

I prayed to god many times to lessen the load but he must have been busy.

:(

That has been my experience on several occasions,and i stopped believing too,but then realised life is never free of trials.

I thought about the prayers that had been answered,instead of the reverse.I realised i had been granted strength to bear those other burdens and learn from them.

It might happen again i can't be certain but i don't think i will ever lose my faith again totally.There is a stronger awareness and presence then what i used to have,and even though its not consistant, to experience that inner peace and calmness is something I treasure.

That has been my experience on several occasions,and i stopped believing too,but then realised life is never free of trials.

I thought about the prayers that had been answered,instead of the reverse.I realised i had been granted strength to bear those other burdens and learn from them.

It might happen again i can't be certain but i don't think i will ever lose my faith again totally.There is a stronger awareness and presence then what i used to have,and even though its not consistant, to experience that inner peace and calmness is something I treasure.

What a lovely post, I can relate to it totally :)

It might happen again i can't be certain but i don't think i will ever lose my faith again totally.There is a stronger awareness and presence then what i used to have,and even though its not consistant, to experience that inner peace and calmness is something I treasure.[/QUOTE]

A good bottle of red wine does this for me.

And yet you're still here. What do you think God should with all of us who are going through hard times? Wrap us all in cotton wool so we don't suffer? Or maybe you think that Christians should not have bad times at all? Show me a Christian without scars. What a boring existence that would be with no experiences to make us grow emotionally & give us knowledge and understanding, possibly to help others through similar experiences or even to prepare ourselves for the next thing life throws at us.

That argument is extremely weak.

I'm sure that's a lot of comfort to someone born with a horrible debilitating disease living in absolute poverty, they must have grown really big emotionally. :rolleyes:

Of course they won't get a chance ton grow physically, he's going to die before he ever grows up, suffering tremendously along the way, but it's ok because his suffering has given him 'knowledge and understanding' (of immense suffering). :rolleyes:

Edited by flamingjimmy

I thought about the prayers that had been answered,instead of the reverse.

Seems like a classic attempt to have your cake and eat it.

something good happens: thank god

something bad happens: not god's fault.

Does that really make sense to you?

Also, do you really think any of your prayers have worked? That god has suspended the laws of the universe and intervened in this world just for you because you asked him to?

Seems like a classic attempt to have your cake and eat it.

something good happens: thank god

something bad happens: not god's fault.

Does that really make sense to you?

Also, do you really think any of your prayers have worked? That god has suspended the laws of the universe just for you because you asked him to?

flamingjimmy, the laws of the universe? If you know what they are, i'd love to know....

It might happen again i can't be certain but i don't think i will ever lose my faith again totally.There is a stronger awareness and presence then what i used to have,and even though its not consistant, to experience that inner peace and calmness is something I treasure.[/QUOTE]

A good bottle of red wine does this for me.

Yes its very good for blocking out problems. Its not the same though.You need to be sober and totally alert when the harder knocks come with a greater force .Otherwise you stumble in the dark,and forget where the light is.

I know i've been there.:)

flamingjimmy, the laws of the universe? If you know what they are, i'd love to know....

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_science

Sorry its a mobile link. The information is still good.

Do you suppose that there may be the slightest possibility that, had you prayed to a bottle of milk, the outcome would have remained the same?