Vote lib dem in local elections?

the government wouldn't exist without them - if the libdems had agreed to support on a bill by bill basis, do you think lansley's NHS killing madness would've got through? clegg and alexander wouldn't have a ministerial jag waiting each morning but we would still have an NHS.

corrupt, power hungry judases who (hopefully) will pay a very dear price

That didn't answer the question, would it have been better if the conservatives had a majority and didn't need the libdems.

That didn't answer the question, would it have been better if the conservatives had a majority and didn't need the libdems.

If we're brutally honest the optimum scenario is for a single party to form a majority, even if it was the Tories. The policies would have been practically the same. And we would have had a more powerful opposition. In a nutshell the LibDems would have been far more effective in opposition where they have done a very good job in recent parliaments. And effective opposition to this particular Tory batch would have hugely increased their support.

If we're brutally honest the optimum scenario is for a single party to form a majority, even if it was the Tories. The policies would have been practically the same. And we would have had a more powerful opposition. In a nutshell the LibDems would have been far more effective in opposition where they have done a very good job in recent parliaments. And effective opposition to this particular Tory batch would have hugely increased their support.

I agree, my question is aimed more at people that voted libdem, would the libdem voters have preferred it if the Conservatives had a majority.

Could we get back to the topic of local elections please? There are other opportunities to discuss central government.

Thanks.

The opinion of libdem voters about the coalition and how crap they think the libdems are, affects the local elections, so we are on topic.

I didn’t vote libdems, I just don’t understand why libdems voters feel that let down they will turn their backs on the libdems in the local elections.

If they were in a majority then they would be in Government alone but they did not win the election so its like saying would you prefer this coalition to having the BNP ruling us, the question is nonsense.

I will answer it though in any case.

Yes it would be better that the Tories had a majority, because then the lib dems would be doing what they do best and be in opposition along with Labour keeping them in check, instead of just being assimilated into the Tory party.

At the moment they have screwed up a good opportunity and got comfortable with the conservatives to the extent where they may as well join them for good now after this with the damage that they have now done to the party.

I voted lib dem (for the last time).

I didn’t vote libdems, I just don’t understand why libdems voters feel that let down they will turn their backs on the libdems in the local elections.

Well that's why then !

How can you understand? If you didn't vote for them, and for their policies, how can you feel let down by them?

You can look at anything from the side line and have a different perspective.

Anyone can say ban the burqua, but Muslims may see it different.

You may mock paedophile priests but not find it so funny if you were a Catholic.

Well that's why then !

How can you understand? If you didn't vote for them, and for their policies, how can you feel let down by them?

You can look at anything from the side line and have a different perspective.

Anyone can say ban the burqua, but Muslims may see it different.

You may mock paedophile priests but not find it so funny if you were a Catholic.

I don't feel let down, I just don't understand what Libdem voters wanted, they voted for the libdems in the full knowledge that a coalition was likely, they knew the libdems would be the weaker partner and the libdems have managed to get some policies through.

If they were in a majority then they would be in Government alone but they did not win the election so its like saying would you prefer this coalition to having the BNP ruling us, the question is nonsense.

No it isn't, its like saying would the people that voted libdem have preferred a Conservative government to a coalition.

Archived