Vote lib dem in local elections?

From what I've been told the Lib-Dems have got more of theirs through than the Conservatives.

From what ive read, this is the case aswell. Libs have got over 60% of their manifesto through so far in this coalition. Obviously this peeves the Tory back benchers.

BTW....Danny Alexander has deeply disappointed me this week, with his reduction of VAT on ski lifts (which basically assists his constituency. http://politicalscrapbook.net/2012/04/danny-alexander-ski-lift-vat-budget/

Whilst in Hull, caravan firms are expecting huge losses and redundancies thanks to the Treasurys VAT addition.

I expect these school boy back stage politics from Lab & Con. I voted Lib Dem as they promised an end to it. :(

Then they didn't follow the news before voting, I repeat, compromising isn't a bad trait for a politician. It’s a little naive to think a vote for libdem will result in any of their policies becoming reality, yet through compromise they managed to get some through.

Are you saying the news clearly stated that there would be a full Tory/LibDem coalition before the election? Be honest. You know it didn't.

I know you like to think LibDems thought they were voting for the coalition we have now. Some might have realised what was on the cards but not that many as LibDem support in the polls went into freefall pretty quickly afterwards.

As an aside as a Tory voter you weren't voting for a coalition though were you? ;)

From what ive read, this is the case aswell. Libs have got over 60% of their manifesto through so far in this coalition. Obviously this peeves the Tory back benchers.

100% or 60% or 6% it doesn't matter. If the perception is they've helped deliver an essentially Tory manifesto then they are toast. And that is what they have helped deliver - all the headline policies are pure blue. Tuition fees, NHS privatisation, 45p tax etc... etc... etc...

The voters really don't give a stuff about the minor LibDem successes. Those successes just aren't registering at all. As we will see in the upcoming local elections.

Are you saying the news clearly stated that there would be a full Tory/LibDem coalition before the election? Be honest. You know it didn't.

I know you like to think LibDems thought they were voting for the coalition we have now. Some might have realised what was on the cards but not that many as LibDem support in the polls went into freefall pretty quickly afterwards.

As an aside as a Tory voter you weren't voting for a coalition though were you? ;)

WOW it’s really not sinking in is, I knew at the time that a coalition was the likely outcome of the election, and because my vote is never counted I don’t bother.

And that is what they have helped deliver - all the headline policies are pure blue. Tuition fees, NHS privatisation, 45p tax etc... etc... etc...

Tuition fees were brought in by Labour who also went in for PFI deals in the NHS in a big way. It also took Labour 13 years to bring in the 50% tax rate.

The LibDems said they'd work with the party that got the most votes. Given that the election hadn't happened, why would they say they'd go into a full coalition with either Labour or the Conservatives beforehand when it wasn't possible to know who was going to get the most votes?

On top of that, announcing they would be willing to form a full coalition in advance would have reduced their negotiating power when it came to discussing it with the other parties.

THE headline policy for the LibDems since they were formed is they want proportional representation. That would make coalitions pretty much essential as there would be very little chance of a single party getting an overall majority ever again. Anybody who voted LibDem without realising a coalition was likely clearly wasn't paying attention. LibDem support in the polls afterwards collapsed because all the Labour supporters who voted for them as a protest against Labour suddenly had a change of heart.

100% or 60% or 6% it doesn't matter. If the perception is they've helped deliver an essentially Tory manifesto then they are toast. And that is what they have helped deliver - all the headline policies are pure blue. Tuition fees, NHS privatisation, 45p tax etc... etc... etc...

The voters really don't give a stuff about the minor LibDem successes. Those successes just aren't registering at all. As we will see in the upcoming local elections.

If the voters had any brains whatsoever they wouldnt vote for any of the big 3 parties, they are all happy to cut services to us but continue to pay monies to the finance industry and Europe.

Im not convinced any party right now can foresee the issues we have in the economy and have a manifesto to deal with it.

Kill the big 3 parties stranglehold on us is the best we can hope for right now.

WOW it’s really not sinking in is, I knew at the time that a coalition was the likely outcome of the election, and because my vote is never counted I don’t bother.

Minority government was just as likely.

Archived