Vote lib dem in local elections?

please excuse my ignorance, im not sure myself.

I was gonna look each party up and see what there arguments are and what they are planning to do but i wasnt sure if each council member had their own areas and ideas what they would do with the said areas

I think that's a great idea, and shows commitment to your area. Although what actually happens with politicial parties, put simply, is that they hold meetings of their members who argue their own lines, the ones that get accepted as being possible to achieve get put into the manifesto and that shapes the direction they will steer in if and when they have control of the city.

The problem is that if you like the Green ideas best, even if the Green councillor gets elected, they don't have the power to implement their manifesto if, say, Labour are in control of the council. The party in control gets to set the agenda for everyone.

Which is why some people are promoting the idea of an elected Mayor who will have all the power. I can see some advantages to that, provided the incumbent is worthy and straight, but it's a diminution of democratic power, so on balance, I want to vote NO. On the other hand ... dilemma. And I'm still thinking about it.

I think that's a great idea, and shows commitment to your area. Although what actually happens with politicial parties, put simply, is that they hold meetings of their members who argue their own lines, the ones that get accepted as being possible to achieve get put into the manifesto and that shapes the direction they will steer in if and when they have control of the city.

The problem is that if you like the Green ideas best, even if the Green councillor gets elected, they don't have the power to implement their manifesto if, say, Labour are in control of the council. The party in control gets to set the agenda for everyone.

Which is why some people are promoting the idea of an elected Mayor who will have all the power. I can see some advantages to that, provided the incumbent is worthy and straight, but it's a diminution of democratic power, so on balance, I want to vote NO. On the other hand ... dilemma. And I'm still thinking about it.

Oh god do we,as the public, have to vote on wether or not to have an elected mayor??? my head hurts :help:

oh no :( i dont know if i like the idea of just 1 person in charge of everything but then again it might be better as things might be sorted quicker argggghhhhhhhhhhhhh:help:
Sorry I put the wrong link, changed it now. You and I are having the same dilemma.

I'm really not sure about it ... I might even let the pencil decide for me, at the last second in the polling booth! :D

Sorry I put the wrong link, changed it now. You and I are having the same dilemma.

I'm really not sure about it ... I might not even let the pencil decide for me, at the last second in the polling booth! :D

what like close your eyes and go 'eeny meeny miny mo' ? lol cos im thinking of the same thing lol

what like close your eyes and go 'eeny meeny miny mo' ? lol cos im thinking of the same thing lol
Quite honestly, I always say - when in doubt, vote NO. We can always revisit a NO vote, whereas a YES vote will result in us having an elected mayor election pretty soonish, I'd imagine and then we're stuck with whoever it is for 4 years.

I'd sooner let it pass us by this time and have more time to see how it works in other places. Doncaster having an elected mayor seems to have been a bit of a disaster, after all.

who in their right mind would vote for the lying, duplicitous judases ever, ever, ever again.

Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Good luck in your quest for politicians that aren't "lying, duplicitous judases".

Archived