Vote lib dem in local elections?

I was an avid lib dem voter, I can't apologise enough :(
So what happened to change your mind?

Didn't you think they did a good enough job running the City? Even the most hardened Labourite has to admit they were better at it than Labour and that the city profile as a place to live and work improved during their tenure. Even the notorious 'favoured Labour' areas were starting to get better.

I find it difficult to understand this crazed desire of Sheffield people to constantly revert to the red yoke. Is it some masochistic need to suffer? :huh:

So what happened to change your mind?

I'll go ahead and predict that she's changed her mind because the Lib-Dems actually held to their word and were willing to form a coalition with either major party in the event of a hung Parliament. The number of people who've accused them of "treachery" specifically because they kept this promise, beggars belief.

I'll give you a bit of a hint about what has turned a lot of people off the Liberal Democrats. http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/nicholas_clegg/sheffield%2C_hallam

Bring back Charles Kennedy as Lib Dem leader.

tend to agree about charlie kennedy, always seemed a politico with inherent values and vision (double vision much of the time as it turned out), he stood up (as best he could) against the iraq war and we respected him for that.

but he is notably silent about clegg, alexander et al acting as shock troops for the most right wing of tory onslaughts which either means he's joined the tory ass kissing fraternity or he's just too drunk to speak.

I didn't vote lib last time but I would have done if I lived in broomhill, people I know who did feel betrayed and angry and , hopefully, the judas party will be wiped from the political landscape come may.

why did clegg cross the road?

cos he promised he wouldn't.

Come May there won't be any election for MP's. Is it so difficult to differentiate between national and local government when you're in the ballot box? Clegg has nothing to to with the coming election.

I haven't yet heard a single complaint about the way that the Lib-Dems ran Sheffield.

what you're saying is that the libdems brand , nationally, is toxic - they are seen as liars, power grubbers and tories, but the voters of sheffield should ignore that, pretend that our libdems are a similarly named but unrelated breed and vote for them anyway.

dream on

Guest sibon
Come May there won't be any election for MP's. Is it so difficult to differentiate between national and local government when you're in the ballot box? Clegg has nothing to to with the coming election.

I haven't yet heard a single complaint about the way that the Lib-Dems ran Sheffield.

What did they do that was so good?

They did do an ok job running the city, better than Labour did/have.

In some ways it seems unfair that they will get punished at a local level for the misdeeds of their parliamentary colleagues. But that's politics and the more the grass roots are damaged the less likely we'll ever be to see the LibDems cast a stain across the government of this country again. A good thing IMO.

Archived