Help taxi driver run over my staffi

JO-1

Either way, to hit a dog and then just drive off is disgusting..

I am sure the op knows the ins and outs of what's what and does not need to hear that she may have to pay for the damage to the taxi drivers car..

If some scrote had run over my dog and drove off and then wanted paying for the damage to their car i would not be best pleased and that is an understatement :(

I totally agree, I wouldnt be able to sleep at night if I hit a dog and didnt even hang around to see if it was ok.

I hope Stella is found soon and is not too badly injured :(

Either way, to hit a dog and then just drive off is disgusting..

I am sure the op knows the ins and outs of what's what and does not need to hear that she may have to pay for the damage to the taxi drivers car..

If some scrote had run over my dog and drove off and then wanted paying for the damage to their car i would not be best pleased and that is an understatement :(

I'm sorry if I sounded unsympathetic, nothing could be further from the truth as I have lost a pet this way and its heartbreaking. If the dog had been killed instantly, then it would be absolutely disgusting to drive off, I agree. But as the dog ran off, presumably with no handler around, what exactly was the driver supposed to stop for? Yes he should have reported it to the police. What do you think they would have done on hearing the dog had ran off?

Having said all that, my heart goes out to the family and I hope there is some good news for them.

I'm sorry if I sounded unsympathetic, nothing could be further from the truth as I have lost a pet this way and its heartbreaking. If the dog had been killed instantly, then it would be absolutely disgusting to drive off, I agree. But as the dog ran off, presumably with no handler around, what exactly was the driver supposed to stop for? Yes he should have reported it to the police. What do you think they would have done on hearing the dog had ran off?

Having said all that, my heart goes out to the family and I hope there is some good news for them.

I'm guessing the owner was around as I don't see how else they would know it was a taxi driver. Some people are able to walk their dogs without a lead and they follow closely behind without getting distracted. Personally I wouldn't do this and don't think I could trust my dog that much but some people can. Can I ask if the taxi driver was at fault why would the dog owner be liable for the damage, surely it would be the other way around and the driver is liable for the vets bills?

I hope the dog is found soon and will be safe and well.

Can I ask if the taxi driver was at fault why would the dog owner be liable for the damage, surely it would be the other way around and the driver is liable for the vets bills?

I hope the dog is found soon and will be safe and well.

I think it is because the dog would have been off the lead.

Archived