Help taxi driver run over my staffi

JO-1

I think it is because the dog would have been off the lead.

but if the taxi driver hit a child the parent wouldn't be liable for the damage. I know a child and a dog are very different but either way the taxi driver should be looking where he is going and if he hit the dog through his own negligence then he should be liable for costs. If however the dog ran out in front of the car and there was no way the driver could have stopped in time then I can understand the owner being liable.

Glad the dog has been found and hope it gets better soon x

but if the taxi driver hit a child the parent wouldn't be liable for the damage. I know a child and a dog are very different but either way the taxi driver should be looking where he is going and if he hit the dog through his own negligence then he should be liable for costs. If however the dog ran out in front of the car and there was no way the driver could have stopped in time then I can understand the owner being liable.

Im no expert on this but I think that its about dogs being kept on leads at all times whilst out. This is not something that we have to do with our children.

My friends kid was on a bike and rode out on the road in front of the car. Kid was ok, but car was damaged and my friend had to pay. Needless to say the kid had to do chores WITHOUT pocket money until he'd paid his mum back. :hihi:

Any news on how the dog is- or is it not good news?

Fingers crossed for good.

My friends kid was on a bike and rode out on the road in front of the car. Kid was ok, but car was damaged and my friend had to pay. Needless to say the kid had to do chores WITHOUT pocket money until he'd paid his mum back. :hihi:

Any news on how the dog is- or is it not good news?

Fingers crossed for good.

I don't know how the dog is cbs posted he was found earlier but no more news.

I can understand if the driver couldn't stop in time because the child came from nowhere that the parents were liable to pay - I would kill my son if he did this (in fact I nearly did the other week when I heard him and his friends had nearly done this).

Thank u to all the kind wishes an offers of help we've have just collected her there is not a scratch on her a little shaken but to be expected

My partner was next to her when it happend the police was on the phone when the driver jumped back into his cab an drive off was probably more bothered about his fare as he had customers in the car!!! Once again a big thank u for the majority of peoples support not to you who just saw my post as to as to cause a debate as to whom was to blame

Thank u to all the kind wishes an offers of help we've have just collected her there is not a scratch on her a little shaken but to be expected

My partner was next to her when it happend the police was on the phone when the driver jumped back into his cab an drive off was probably more bothered about his fare as he had customers in the car!!! Once again a big thank u for the majority of peoples support not to you who just saw my post as to as to cause a debate as to whom was to blame

Glad she is ok x

The taxi driver was a complete w....r!!!! An it is an offence to not report hitting a dog and I will be paying for no damage I don't know how she managed to get away but she did

Thank u to everyone else for your kind wishes x

I'm glad your dog has been found ok, I think irresponsible dog owners are complete w.....rs!!! I just hope for your sake that there is no damage on the car as you will be liable and its not an offence the taxi driver has 24 hours to report it.

I'm glad your dog has been found ok, I think irresponsible dog owners are complete w.....rs!!! I just hope for your sake that there is no damage on the car as you will be liable and its not an offence the taxi driver has 24 hours to report it.

Does the driver have to report it even tho the dog owner already has?

Archived