Help taxi driver run over my staffi

JO-1

im so glad the dog is found, we were in a similar situation a few years ago, but not our dog just someones escaped, we saw it hit by a taxi who didnt even stop and left the dog for dead in the middle of the road, required a trip to an emergency vet where it was collected by its relieved owners a few days later. at the end of the day, he should have stopped....

have you tried the police the driver must report it to them if they hit a dog (cats don't count) i ran a dog down a few years ago owner didn't have it on a lead and ran straight in front of me and i reported it to the police.

so if he's obeyed the law they should have a record of it with an incident number. if you have his licence number it should be easy to trace . reg num, or cab company good luck

But didn't the Taxi Driver stop and get out? and much to his own risk too as we all know that when a dog is wounded they can be very dangerous due to stress, however one has to question why the owner would walk a dog next to a busy road without a lead, very careless and could of caused a major accident and loss of human life furthermore that could of even lead to their own imprisonment, I just wonder had this occurred if they would of stuck around?

Wrong. There is no legal requirement to stop if you hit an animal. Doesn't matter if its a goose, dog, cat or squirrel. The driver would only have to report it if intends to claim on his insurance.

You can argue about the morals of not stopping (which I think he should've done), but legally its fairly black and white.

But at the end of the day, if you walk your dog next to a road without its lead on who's fault is it really?

thats a load of bull **** you do have to report it if you were the drive in case the owner wants to bring a case against you but your right about cats, sheep badgers, deer , cats are a free spirit and can't be controled where they roam as for things like sheep,dear. and others you should move them to the kerb if theres a farm around you could do the curtious thing and ask if its one of theirs

I'm glad your dog has been found ok, I think irresponsible dog owners are complete w.....rs!!! I just hope for your sake that there is no damage on the car as you will be liable and its not an offence the taxi driver has 24 hours to report it.

how very true, if i just hit a dog, Staffy owner is shouting and swearing, last thing i would do is to hang around as he has a living to make unlike a tipical staffy owner he did right to leave as it wasnt his fault, just be thankful he hasnt sent you the bill for damage to car

thats a load of bull **** you do have to report it if you were the drive in case the owner wants to bring a case against you but your right about cats, sheep badgers, deer , cats are a free spirit and can't be controled where they roam as for things like sheep,dear. and others you should move them to the kerb if theres a farm around you could do the curtious thing and ask if its one of theirs

I once pulled up at the side of a police car whilst at a set of red lights to bring to his attention that there was a dead cat in the middle of Penistone Road - his reply was 'so what' the lights turned green and he continued his journey.

I once pulled up at the side of a police car whilst at a set of red lights to bring to his attention that there was a dead cat in the middle of Penistone Road - his reply was 'so what' the lights turned green and he continued his journey.

Did you expect him to phone for an ambulance?:hihi:

Walking a dog at night not on a lead, its not clever is it. Glad to hear its ok, but you need to take some responsibility. I would not be wanting to go face to face at night with a staffy owner, i understand the taxi drivers response.

You may also want to change the title as your dog was not 'run over', it appears that the taxi has caught it a glancing blow as it is not phyically injured.

Archived