Help taxi driver run over my staffi

JO-1

Quite. The OP is rightly concerned for her dog right now and angry at the taxi driver. The tone of her message clearly conveys that and yet people feel they must contribute by telling her she could be liable for damage to the taxi. Can't understand why they feel the need to upset her further.

Maybe it's because the dog was off lead late at night, most likely not wearing anything reflective and the op's anger is directed at the taxi driver when in fact the dog owner is in the wrong for it being off lead.

The taxi driver did stop but the dog ran off, did you expect him to go chasing it?

The op should be happy the dog wasn't badly injured and that the car wasn't damaged aswell instead of coming on here ranting about the taxi driver.

Tonight a city taxi driver has hit my dog and drove off it happened nr the hawk and dove pub at waterthorpe around 11pm tonight she was in a bad way but some how managed to run away she answers to the name of Stella is brindle with a white chest an has a pink collar on please if anyone sees or finds her please message me (good news or bad) daughter heartbroken she is micro chipped and the police are aware thank u

Thank u to all the kind wishes an offers of help we've have just collected her there is not a scratch on her a little shaken but to be expected

My partner was next to her when it happend the police was on the phone when the driver jumped back into his cab an drive off was probably more bothered about his fare as he had customers in the car!!! Once again a big thank u for the majority of peoples support not to you who just saw my post as to as to cause a debate as to whom was to blame

My Bold=

In the first post you say she was in a bad way and run off then later you post she has been found without a scratch on her? :huh:

So glad your dog has been found safe. I am afraid this thread has exposed a very unpleasant side of Sheffield Forum.

Agree, it's nearly every week we seem to get anti taxi threads popping up don't we? however in this circumstance the op hasn't helped her cause.

Quite. The OP is rightly concerned for her dog right now and angry at the taxi driver. The tone of her message clearly conveys that and yet people feel they must contribute by telling her she could be liable for damage to the taxi. Can't understand why they feel the need to upset her further.

But she Isn't careless is she Irene? I'm mean not having her dog on a lead next to a road? come on....and what if a major accident happened because of this? would you be jumping to her defence then or would you be jumping to the defence of the victim?

Puzzling analogy.

But she Isn't careless is she Irene? I'm mean not having her dog on a lead next to a road? come on....and what if a major accident happened because of this? would you be jumping to her defence then or would you be jumping to the defence of the victim?

Puzzling analogy.

There's still time for the OP's parenting skills to be brought into question.

Maybe it's because the dog was off lead late at night, most likely not wearing anything reflective and the op's anger is directed at the taxi driver when in fact the dog owner is in the wrong for it being off lead.

The taxi driver did stop but the dog ran off, did you expect him to go chasing it?

People started slating her before it became clear that the dog was being walked off the lead - I admit I felt a bit less sympathetic when I discovered that was the case and it hadn't just escaped somehow. BUT - the fact remains that the taxi driver should have reported it. I'm wondering if he's even aware he's supposed to do that.

Archived