Morals and principles

Fair point. But the bankruptcy, economic disaster, mass strike action, thirty-per-plus inflation rates, and three decades of economic policy aimed at driving all our industries into collapse, all happened before that date. That was when we finally got a government intent on reversing the damage.
I wonder why they didnt then

Were governments really better in times past. Were the governments of Asquith and Lloyd-George morally better in any way? Hardly not. They got Britain into a deadly conflict that lasted four long years and caused over 800,000 British casualties before it ended

Ahem. 6 years.

Do you mean the previous governments used to instill a work ethic in people?

The government avoid paying taxes? If they do, then show the country (and me) and they won't get voted back in (unless other governments/politicians did/do the same).

I'm a working person, what rights have I had taken away from me? There must be some if you say so, I just haven't noticed myself. I just want to know.

So rape and murder are ok because there are rapists and murderers?

As a nowadays pensioner I'm much better off. We own our own home, we can afford to heat it, have the odd holiday and run a car. My parents never owned their home. If we hadn't been able to provide for ourselves, the government would be giving us pension credit and paying our rent, and we'd not be much worse off. So yes, I think some people are better off nowadays.

how many young people today do you think will be saving for their pensions? how many will be able to buy their own homes ?with the current financial mess this country is in when do you think banks will start lending to young employed people to be able to step on the property ladder?

Archived