3 out of 4 want HRA dumped.

Is the Human rights act good for the UK ?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Is the Human rights act good for the UK ?

• Yes: Keep the Human rights act
    • No: Scrap the Human right act

Oh, did everyone have electrodes attached to their genitals before the HRA was enacted?

No, thought not.

No, not everyone, but some did, others were operated on without anaesthetic, a few hundreds of millions were enslaved and some tens of millions were exterminated for not being something or other inconvenient or different. Some other stuff happened too.

The lineage of the HRA is important. Be careful what you wish for.

You are right though, not everyone had genitals attached to electrodes.

I'll come back and respond on this later [in the week?] when I've had a chance and opportunity to marshall my argument - without a flippant response.

Suffice to say, I get the impression people are confusing the ECHR - formed under the Council of Europe - formed 1947 [ish] and the the European Court - responsible for ruling on matters of EU law formed under the Treaty of Rome.

Entirely different things, and answerable under different treaty obligations.

some did, others were operated on without anaesthetic, a few hundreds of millions were enslaved and some tens of millions were exterminated for not being something or other inconvenient or different. Some other stuff happened too.

And the HRA has stopped those practices?

Archived