Moving to leeds

Just 7 posts in :roll:

Not just that but the original comment was

I love Sheffield but Leeds has a vastly better city centre with great shops, bars and restaurants.

and despite the unmissable reference to the city centre comparisons the reply was;

That's a strange comment, how is Leeds better than Sheffield?

I don't like to use smilies but this really deserves a :loopy:, :huh: and a :roll:.

Not just that but the original comment was

and despite the unmissable reference to the city centre comparisons the reply was;

I don't like to use smilies but this really deserves a :loopy:, :huh: and a :roll:.

All Leeds threads are as predictable as the Linux/muslim/hendersons relish threads :hihi:

My lad moved to Leeds after he Graduated and got fed up commuting from Sheffield. He was lucky in that one of his mates got a job in an accountancy firm in Leeds at the same time so they shared a flat in Wellington Place . Yes it was a little more expensive than further out but they could walk to their jobs in five minutes flat. Same went for the station. One big downside was the lack of car parking .his flat mate had to pay extra for a space in the car park , but he offset that by claiming the large bathroom in the flat . My lad had the room with the en suite. They found the nightlife good , everything walk able . Shops and restraints excellent too . In fact , another three of his mates from Uni have also now moved to Leeds too . Seems a good place if you don't want to move down south. However , my lad went a bit further and now lives in LA . Not nearly as handy for the train !

My lad moved to Leeds after he Graduated and got fed up commuting from Sheffield. He was lucky in that one of his mates got a job in an accountancy firm in Leeds at the same time so they shared a flat in Wellington Place . Yes it was a little more expensive than further out but they could walk to their jobs in five minutes flat. Same went for the station. One big downside was the lack of car parking .his flat mate had to pay extra for a space in the car park , but he offset that by claiming the large bathroom in the flat . My lad had the room with the en suite. They found the nightlife good , everything walk able . Shops and restraints excellent too . In fact , another three of his mates from Uni have also now moved to Leeds too . Seems a good place if you don't want to move down south. However , my lad went a bit further and now lives in LA . Not nearly as handy for the train !

Little Abington :hihi:

My lad moved to Leeds after he Graduated and got fed up commuting from Sheffield. He was lucky in that one of his mates got a job in an accountancy firm in Leeds at the same time so they shared a flat in Wellington Place . Yes it was a little more expensive than further out but they could walk to their jobs in five minutes flat. Same went for the station. One big downside was the lack of car parking .his flat mate had to pay extra for a space in the car park , but he offset that by claiming the large bathroom in the flat . My lad had the room with the en suite. They found the nightlife good , everything walk able . Shops and restraintsexcellent too . In fact , another three of his mates from Uni have also now moved to Leeds too . Seems a good place if you don't want to move down south. However , my lad went a bit further and now lives in LA . Not nearly as handy for the train !

Sorry but I had to laugh at your edit, it's not even resteraunts it's restaurants :)

Lived in Leeds for a few months and worked there. In my opinion its a much better place for a young single person then Sheffield. More to do, more going on, better work opps and better places to live. It's probably not as safe, but its still OK if you avoid certain areas.

Try Chapel allerton, the city centre, headingley, meanwood, alwoodley. Avoid harehills, chapeltown, parkhill..

York is only 25 mins away from Leeds too and thats another great place to live. I see myself moving up there in the next 12-18 months. Only family keeping me in Sheffield at the moment.

Be prepared to pay a little bit more then you would in Sheffield but in my opinon, for a single person like yourself, its well worth the extra pennies.

I know of somebody who went to live in L***s and they actually turned into a sheep!:hihi:
That's not really true, is it? :hihi:

People who actually know about living in Leeds rate it highly for the young 'uns, so we have to bow to their superior knowledge. I'd guess that if the op is qualified for a professional job, she has more chance of getting one in Leeds than she has here. Sad but true :(

And if she doesn't settle, she can always come back. The door is always open for stray lambs. :)

Archived