Moving to leeds

the headingly area, althoug its full of students is quite brilliant, got everything you need, its an average area of crime trouble but i never saw no trouble and still love the pubs they have, the original oak on a summers day is amazing

it is crime ridden unfortunately, and depending on your view of students, full of the little gits. the oak is nice on the one day the sun shines.. i once DJ'd at a garden party there, great day.. but not for someone who wants occasional peace. well worth a night out though i wouldn't live there.. also inflated rents due to demand, and you don't get much for the money, and a good chance your landlord will be a total tw@..

------

harehillistan is, well, you can guess. good kebab and curry stop, nothing more.

alwoodley is fairly exclusive so i'd stay outside of that area if you're not wealthy - if you're wealthy, try scarcroft - i wish - moortown/street lane/roundhay are lovely -- street lane could be a good option nearer to roundhay park theres some cool places to hang out on a night and nice eateries. i think i'd say street lane and chapel allerton would be my options if i was in the OPs position. both 10-15 minutes drive to town.

Archived