Kills 99.9% Bacteria - What About The Other Bit? Will It Kill You?

I think if you cant kill it with chemicals out side of the body then there is a good chance its not going to be good for you if it ever got in.

I think its more likely that in ideal conditions it would kill 100% but who can claim that in today's blame/claim climate? they are responsible for what's in the bottle, the application of it is up to the user, so its fair to give at least a 1% margin of error for a get out clause if nothing else.

If its not like that, then what happened to the Domestos they used to sell that killed 100% germs DEAD? :D

It's just them covering themselves so they don't get sued.

In the trials that these detergent makers run, their products actually usually kill 100% of the bacteria.

It is not the case that whenever you use a detergent, you'll always be left with 0.1% of the bacteria left, and it's not the case that there is some special bacteria that make up 0.1% of bacteria that they just can't kill.

The thing is, sometimes bacteria can develop resistance to detergents, so there's a tiny chance that it won't kill all of the bacteria all of the time. But it will kill all of the bacteria most of the time.

It's just them covering themselves so they don't get sued.

In the trials that these detergent makers run, their products actually usually kill 100% of the bacteria.

It is not the case that whenever you use a detergent, you'll always be left with 0.1% of the bacteria left, and it's not the case that there is some special bacteria that make up 0.1% of bacteria that they just can't kill.

The thing is, sometimes bacteria can develop resistance to detergents, so there's a tiny chance that it won't kill all of the bacteria all of the time. But it will kill all of the bacteria most of the time.

So what they really mean is

"Kills 100% of bacteria (well, 99% of the time)" :|

I think if you cant kill it with chemicals out side of the body then there is a good chance its not going to be good for you if it ever got in.

I think its more likely that in ideal conditions it would kill 100% but who can claim that in today's blame/claim climate? they are responsible for what's in the bottle, the application of it is up to the user, so its fair to give at least a 1% margin of error for a get out clause if nothing else.

If its not like that, then what happened to the Domestos they used to sell that killed 100% germs DEAD? :D

Yeah! Maybe some other germs came up that nobody heard of back then? Any boffins on the site?

Archived