Unofficial Sheffield Forum Medieval Banquet Foodie/Camp Meet ~ 19th May

Shiesh

Yup, I'll be there

Yay!! :thumbsup:

Me too. And camping too! :)

Yay!! Is this just you or a plus one too?? :thumbsup:

I had better stop reading this thread - I could be in serious danger of blowing out my mum on her birthday if it gets any better :D

Can't we just bring h with us? :(

Mind you, the hound will have a face on if he's left out too :roll:

It's not really a child friendly environment Strix, there's knights, swords, skeletons, taxidermy etc, I'd hate her to be upset!!

Bring your Mum to the event as a birthday treat and leave Mr Strix at home baby and dog sitting!!!

:D

Well, taken my deposit over to Shiesh. All that remains is to a) find a medieval costume (will it involve not washing for a few months in order to be fully authentic?) and b) get the tent out in the garden as I have a bad feeling that last time we put it down, we downed two at the same time and I'd hate to arrive and find that the tent is in the field and the pegs are in the loft with the other tent. Grrrrr.

I've got mine!!! It's FABULOUS...!! Just ordered something for Mr Shiesh off Ebay so when that arrives we are all sorted!!! Excited!! :)

Anyone else out there wanting to join us?? Newbies are always posting saying they'd love to come to an event ...be nice if a few newbies came along to this?! :suspect:

I'm sure if you look on the website you'll realise but just a heads up, its not next door to Bakewell or a small commute!

Be aware campers, the pub is VERY high up and open so WILL be windy, even on hot days!!!! BUT that makes it more fun!!

If you want a sunday meal there is a pub up the road called the royal oak. Five minute drive and VERY nice. http://peakpub.co.uk/

You should have a cracking time:thumbsup:

So who else is game for a bit of medieval nomming and swishing about in fancy dress?

Most unofficial nights are are good fun, and looking at the people going so far, this is going to be a really good night out. I might even sleep over in the car, rather than drive back in the dark, as it's a 'small commute'. :)

I'm sure if you look on the website you'll realise but just a heads up, its not next door to Bakewell or a small commute!

Be aware campers, the pub is VERY high up and open so WILL be windy, even on hot days!!!! BUT that makes it more fun!!

If you want a sunday meal there is a pub up the road called the royal oak. Five minute drive and VERY nice. http://peakpub.co.uk/

You should have a cracking time:thumbsup:

Hahaha...ok it's not in Bakewell but its on the Bakewell to Buxton road...only another 10 minutes in the car...a small commute in my opinion!!

So who else is game for a bit of medieval nomming and swishing about in fancy dress?

Most unofficial nights are are good fun, and looking at the people going so far, this is going to be a really good night out. I might even sleep over in the car, rather than drive back in the dark, as it's a 'small commute'. :)

Have you sorted your outfit yet Ruby??? :D

Still a few places left for this event. Please PM or post on here in interested in attending a Medieval Banquet with some fellow diners!!

I'm thinking some Single men for ALL the single women!!!

:):D

Archived