USA Vs UK.. a war in 2012, who would win?

Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA

• UK
    • USA
    • World destruction
    • Other, please add a comment

Interesting. Tell me exactly what the British army in the 1960s would have done to beat the Viet Cong and the army of the NVA. I wait in breathless anticipation your expected advice on the military strategy that should have been used.

Filled all the tunnels in.

The Americans are our best mates they are from the same stock as us, there is no two country's in the world that have a relationship as we do, if there was a war between us and the Americans they would win as they have more money and men than we have by far, we just would not stand a chance,man for man I think we are better and tuffer soldiers but the Americans have the power and military might that no country could stand up to,I could not ever see it happening though it would be like brother fighting brother there is to much intertwined history between us,the Americans always want us with them when ever they get involved in things same as us we would probably not be here if it was not for the Americans fighting the last 2 world wars with us they sacrificed a lot for us when really the did not have to get involved till the Japanese started on them.

Interesting. Tell me exactly what the British army in the 1960s would have done to beat the Viet Cong and the army of the NVA. I wait in breathless anticipation your expected advice on the military strategy that should have been used.

they would have done, or at least tried to do, what they did in neighbouring Malaya only a few years previously. Defeated the communist insurgency which they did.

however the task in Vietnam for whoever wanted to try their hand at it, be it the French or the Americans, was much more difficult than that. It was defeating the notion of Vietnamese nationalism, which is what the war was about for the Vietnamese. The British were lucky in that one in Malaya. It really was all about just doing in the communists who hardly anybody in Malaya particularly liked. In Vietnam it was different. There the communism mixed in with the nationalism better.

Harleyman you want to order this book on Amazon. You can afford it in fact anyone can. It costs 9 bucks.

Learning to Eat Soup with a Knife: Counterinsurgency Lessons from Malaya and Vietnam http://www.amazon.co.uk/Learning-Eat-Soup-Knife-Counterinsurgency/dp/0226567702

apologies if you have already read it. But from what you post, I think possibly you may have not.

Archived