USA Vs UK.. a war in 2012, who would win?

Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA

• UK
    • USA
    • World destruction
    • Other, please add a comment

Hardly so. There were two battles that decided the outcome, both American victories. The first was at Baltimore, the second New Orleans. That brought an end to the war and from then on relations between both countries became much better
they still sing the song about the battle of New Orleans over here now and again around July 4, with emphasis about 'the british set a runnin' all down the mississippi to the gulf of Mexico':hihi:.

So that's where those names came from, I had a couple of posters come on a forum I am on called Pinky and Brain who wanted to feed me cherries - the very idea:o;)

In that case, cressida, you need one of these shirts. And make them wash their hands and take the pits out. ;)

Wow, when have we been at war with any of those 3?
The Royal Navy was part of an action against Indonesia in the late fifties aand early sixties over incursion by them in to Malaysia. Some fighting was carried out by Ghurkas operating from RN helicopters out of Singapore. We won that action.

they still sing the song about the battle of New Orleans over here now and again around July 4, with emphasis about 'the british set a runnin' all down the mississippi to the gulf of Mexico':hihi:.

Werent that an old Lonnie Donegan song from the 50s? The words sound familiar

Very true, no matter which country they serve. Some years ago I went with a party to the allied war graves in France, we went to vist the British and Commonwealth sections. On the way we passed the German graveyard.

My reaction was a mixture of sadness and disgust, sadness at the loss of brave men of all nations, disgust at those you call the "moustached"men who sent these poor lads to thier destruction.

I suppose in the UK we still tend to see th Kaiser as the "baddie", trying to be objective, you are probably right in your character assesment.

The generals were relics from the Victorian era fighting wars with weaponry that had developed faster than their stategies had.

Artillery guns with rifled barrels, machine guns, both capable of inflicting death and destruction on a scale not seen before

The Americans are our best mates they are from [/B]the same stock as us, there is no two country's in the world that have a relationship as we do, if there was a war between us and the Americans they would win as they have more money and men than we have by far, we just would not stand a chance,man for man I think we are better and tuffer soldiers but the Americans have the power and military might that no country could stand up to,I could not ever see it happening though it would be like brother fighting brother there is to much intertwined history between us,the Americans always want us with them when ever they get involved in things same as us we would probably not be here if it was not for the Americans fighting the last 2 world wars with us they sacrificed a lot for us when really the did not have to get involved till the Japanese started on them.

I think I remember some one saying that about the germans just before ww1 and ww2:suspect:

They have always been good at singing I will give them that.

You could argue the the second world war was the end of a European Civil war that had erupted spasmodically for over about 1500 years after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Initially the movement of peoples such as the Mongols, the Vikings, the Anglo Saxons, the invasions of southern Europe by the Arabs, Byzantium, The Normans in France Sicily and Britain, The Ottomans. Thirty years war, Hundred years war, the ever changing borders, all culminated, when Germany unified in the late 1800s and challenged France and we ended with the FRranco Prussian war the 1st and 2nd World Wars.

I am no fan of the current European project with its overburdening administration, corruption etc, BUT the fact that we now have this structure has prevented further European wars and when the Balkans erupted in the 80s and 90s the conflict did not spread.

The population of the US was primarily from people escaping "old" Europe, it is perfectly understandable that these people did not want to be dragged into conflict emanating from the place they had left.

One last comment of "July 4th" I find it interesting that the protagonists in the revolutionery war all considered themselves English. Many on the "American" side had fought for the English Crown against the French. I wonder what the world woud look like if A. The English had won, B. We had reached an accomodation with an American "Parliament" acknowleding a British Monarch in the same way Canada and Australia still do.

Archived