USA Vs UK.. a war in 2012, who would win?

Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA

• UK
    • USA
    • World destruction
    • Other, please add a comment

What are you on? :loopy:

As anyone who knows me might agree I'm always open to an inrelligent discourse but I also have the somewhat foolish and childish habit of occasionaly descending to the same level of idiocy in response to posts like yours.

You sound like a nuclear bad guy version of the prime minister of the Duchy of Grand Fenwick a small fictitious country in the movie "The mouse that roared"

Anyway has any genious on here figured out what could possibly trigger off a nuclear exchange between the US and the UK?

Some threads just get dafter and dafter :hihi: :hihi:

Harleyman hasn't got a clue. Bless him but he's not up to date. An American occupying

force would have to base it on Devonshire Green, not Bramall Lane. After all that's what all the other occupying forces do.

Devonshire Green? Anywhere near Southey Green?

I was in the army and I met a lot Yank soldiers,most of them were full of **** and wind and would not have lasted 5 minutes with out all the back up and air power they have ,they can not mix it like our soldiers can and are used to being moni coddled and they all seemed a bit fat to us, the first thing they do when ever they move in to somewhere is set a MacDonalds and a KFC up,in a conventional hand to hand fight with our soldiers they would not stand a chance,the problem is they have more of everything than we do and we would not stand a chance if it did ever kick off between us,having said that I did meet some good American guys and they were always very friendly if not a bit fascinated with our equipment and the way we did things.

I was in the army and I met a lot Yank soldiers,most of them were full of **** and wind and would not have lasted 5 minutes with out all the back up and air power they have ,they can not mix it like our soldiers can and are used to being moni coddled and they all seemed a bit fat to us, the first thing they do when ever they move in to somewhere is set a MacDonalds and a KFC up,in a conventional hand to hand fight with our soldiers they would not stand a chance,the problem is they have more of everything than we do and we would not stand a chance if it did ever kick off between us,having said that I did meet some good American guys and they were always very friendly if not a bit fascinated with our equipment and the way we did things.

God's teeth ! With allies like that it's a screaming miracle Britain won the war in Europe all by itself.

Looking back on World war One in which the Yanks didnt do much more than fight a couple of batlles towards the end the best soldiers of all were the ANZACS (Aussies and New Zealanders) and the Canadians. They were always the troops of choice when Haig and Joffre planned a major offensive

Of course most of the British and French generals were cluless idiots with the exception of French Generals Petain and Nivelle

The best generals among the allies bar none however were General John Manash, an Australian and Canadian Lt General Sir Arthur Currie

This is in no way intended to downgrade the British soldier. I too served in the British army but in wars past the British forces have always needed allies to help tilt the scales so no sense in climbing on a barrel and trumpeting your horn

God's teeth ! With allies like that it's a screaming miracle Britain won the war in Europe all by itself.

Looking back on World war One in which the Yanks didnt do much more than fight a couple of batlles towards the end the best soldiers of all were the ANZACS (Aussies and New Zealanders) and the Canadians. They were always the troops of choice when Haig and Joffre planned a major offensive

Of course most of the British and French generals were cluless idiots with the exception of French Generals Petain and Nivelle

The best generals among the allies bar none however were General John Manash, an Australian and Canadian Lt General Sir Arthur Currie

This is in no way intended to downgrade the British soldier. I too served in the British army but in wars past the British forces have always needed allies to help tilt the scales so no sense in climbing on a barrel and trumpeting your horn

One of the country's that have helped us out the most have always been the Canadians, we are a small country and we have always punched above our weight, most of the battles we have won by bluff and gial but we are a tuff breed and can fight hard when we have to. one the best generals of the second world was an American called Mark Clarke

One of the country's that have helped us out the most have always been the Canadians, we are a small country and we have always punched above our weight, most of the battles we have won by bluff and gial but we are a tuff breed and can fight hard when we have to. one the best generals of the second world was an American called Mark Clarke

I'd place Bradley and Patton above Mark Clarke. Patton didnt mess around. He copied Rommel's tactics, hit em hard and fast and dont give em time to regroup, keep em on the run.

Montgomery was also a first class General. A bit on the cautious side. Always wanted to make sure he had overwhelming superiority when hitting the enemy.

Rommel was out tanked and out gunned in the end but he gave Monty a run for his money

Archived