USA Vs UK.. a war in 2012, who would win?

Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA

• UK
    • USA
    • World destruction
    • Other, please add a comment

Is that the best you can do? Is it called the filipines? Talk when you've had an education.

Philippino, Philipino and other such misspellings are unacceptable and are jarring to Filipino eyes.

Remember: Filipino is the noun that refers to the Philippine national language and to the Philippine people (Filipinos); it is also an adjective to describe people, things and such from the Philippines (the other adjective being Philippine).

The country itself is called the Philippines (currently the Republic of the Philippines; formerly, and actually still, the Philippine Islands) in English, Las Islas Filipinas or simply La/Las Filipinas in Spanish, and Pilipinas in Filipino (Tagalog).

http://tagaloglang.com/the-philippines/language/filipino-tagalog-pilipino.html

Typical American ignorance and arrogance, you can't even get the name of the people right.

Philippino, Philipino and other such misspellings are unacceptable and are jarring to Filipino eyes.

Remember: Filipino is the noun that refers to the Philippine national language and to the Philippine people (Filipinos); it is also an adjective to describe people, things and such from the Philippines (the other adjective being Philippine).

The country itself is called the Philippines (currently the Republic of the Philippines; formerly, and actually still, the Philippine Islands) in English, Las Islas Filipinas or simply La/Las Filipinas in Spanish, and Pilipinas in Filipino (Tagalog).

http://tagaloglang.com/the-philippines/language/filipino-tagalog-pilipino.html

Typical American ignorance and arrogance, you can't even get the name of the people right.

Why dont you get into the debate and stop wasting time. Buck's a well educated guy. He dont need your school teacher like lectures.

You really are a waste of space though matey. All you do is post one liners with a link attached. Where are you from anyway? Sheffield born and bred or some Johnny come lately?

Thats all the forum needs. Another YouTube Bunny :gag:

Really. And suddenly a simple spelling mistake is indicative of "typical American ignorance and arrogance?" Lawdy.

There's something terribly familiar about players but I can't quite put my finger on it. Just joined the other day and already fighting with people?

Remember our friend who used to TYPE IN ALL CAPS? :hihi:

Da Tyke rides again? :o

Doesnt sound like him apart from the insults. Whatever one might say about old Tikey he did have thoughts of his own, some very debatable in fact. I never remember him relying on links from the Enquirer on line :hihi:

Da Tyke rides again? :o

Doesnt sound like him apart from the insults. Whatever one might say about old Tikey he did have thoughts of his own, some very debatable in fact. I never remember him relying on links from the Enquirer on line :hihi:

True. SUPERTYKE was actually an intelligent guy. He just had a really bad attitude. Silly, but I kinda miss him. I suppose the way one might miss an aching tooth after it's been pulled. :hihi:

Really. And suddenly a simple spelling mistake is indicative of "typical American ignorance and arrogance?" Lawdy.

There's something terribly familiar about players but I can't quite put my finger on it. Just joined the other day and already fighting with people?

Remember our friend who used to TYPE IN ALL CAPS? :hihi:

Funny thing is I've actually sailed into Subic Bay on one of H.M. ships. Not a bad place but I prefer Hong Kong or Singapore, HK especially since my rich cousin Pamela owned a dress shop in Kowloon. We've had some great and not very sober reunions there.:|

True. SUPERTYKE was actually an intelligent guy. He just had a really bad attitude. Silly, but I kinda miss him. I suppose the way one might miss an aching tooth after it's been pulled. :hihi:

I miss quite a few on here. Basil Rathbone, Slimsid, Plekhanov, Lord Chaverley, Annoni Mouse. Might not have agreed with all of them at times but they were either very funny or very smart.

Those were the days eh Sierra? I wish they'd ban YouTube from discussions but that would mean that the forum would lose half it's current members :hihi:

Funny thing is I've actually sailed into Subic Bay on one of H.M. ships. Not a bad place but I prefer Hong Kong or Singapore, HK especially since my rich cousin Pamela owned a dress shop in Kowloon. We've had some great and not very sober reunions there.:|

My father in law spent some time in Subic Bay working for the US navy. Speaking of the navy, the (now closed) Naval Air Station in Alameda, California brought loads of Filipino people to the Bay Area in California. My husband went to school with a lot of them, and has mixed opinions.

I personally feel it was more of a money thing than racial. The school he attended for one year was a curious mix of kids who lived in gated communities with sailboats in their front yards and private docks or expensive suburbs. The Filipino kids mostly came from the navy housing, so friction was inevitable. Oy.

This whole conversation make me want some lumpia. :hihi:

I miss quite a few on here. Basil Rathbone, Slimsid, Plekhanov, Lord Chaverley, Annoni Mouse. Might not have agreed with all of them at times but they were either very funny or very smart.

Those were the days eh Sierra? I wish they'd ban YouTube from discussions but that would mean that the forum would lose half it's current members :hihi:

Those were the days, I miss Lord Chaverly, too. And Joe P, and too many others to mention. The forum is still a great place, it really is.

My father in law spent some time in Subic Bay working for the US navy. Speaking of the navy, the (now closed) Naval Air Station in Alameda, California brought loads of Filipino people to the Bay Area in California. My husband went to school with a lot of them, and has mixed opinions.

I personally feel it was more of a money thing than racial. The school he attended for one year was a curious mix of kids who lived in gated communities with sailboats in their front yards and private docks or expensive suburbs. The Filipino kids mostly came from the navy housing, so friction was inevitable. Oy.

This whole conversation make me want some lumpia. :hihi:

For years we had a couple from P.I as friends. He worked for city government as as an engineering assistant and she as a head nurse in a local hospital.

Two years before he retired he had a new house built for himself in his home town. He showed it to us on his computer. It was quite a palace. When they retired they moved to the new house in P.I. They have a couple of maids and live the life of minor royalty on their American pensions.

We have standing invitation to visit anytime we want but neither of us like long plane trips anymore and it's about 18 hours, not including a stop over in Seoul or Japan until arrival.

Too bad really. There's a lot of charm in Asia. Aside from the ugly memories I can still see the rice paddies, the jungle covered mountains, the ox carts and the grinning little kids in the simple villages.

I would have really liked to have at least once seen the temples of Ankgor in Cambodia

Archived