USA Vs UK.. a war in 2012, who would win?

Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a 2012 war between UK and USA

• UK
    • USA
    • World destruction
    • Other, please add a comment

The Yanks could never win a war alone. Need I remind you of Vietnam?:cool:

Technically they could have easily won. All they had to do was a drop a couple of small low yield nukes on North Vietnam and it would have been over.

The fear of Chinese and Russian intervention and expanding into a global war put paid to that idea.

The size of armies and their military capability as a deadly force does not always decide the outcome when other factors are involved.

It took the British army a couple of decades to even deal with a small sized urban terrorist force,... the IRA and as for the Soviet army in Afgahnistan... well....

Technically they could have easily won. All they had to do was a drop a couple of small low yield nukes on North Vietnam and it would have been over.

The fear of Chinese and Russian intervention and expanding into a global war put paid to that idea.

The size of armies and their military capability as a deadly force does not always decide the outcome when other factors are involved.

It took the British army a couple of decades to even deal with a small sized urban terrorist force,... the IRA and as for the Soviet army in Afgahnistan... well....

With their American backing :hihi:

We wouldnt have shown ourselves up at that time, scrapping with a bunch of rice farmers,we would have probably let the womens institute take care of them and send them packing.

You really have no idea what yer talking about. Pure ignorance. I was there for a year. There was more to it than a "bunch of rice farmers"

Since you've never been in an army let alone seen combat i suggest you start reading some works on that war before posting such piffle.

Ireland was never a major offensive and we were certainly never at war with them lets get things into perspective here,we had a few platoons of soldiers over there at any one time that is all,no jet fighters ,no choppers,no tanks and why bring the Russians into the argument ?

You really have no idea what yer talking about. Pure ignorance. I was there for a year. There was more to it than a "bunch of rice farmers"

Since you've never been in an army let alone seen combat i suggest you start reading some works on that war before posting such piffle.

How do you know what I have and have not been in ? There,s no need to get the face on because you came home sorely whipped with your tail between you legs

With their American backing :hihi:

Money and Aramalite rifles. Hardly enough for the iRA to be able to prolong their war so long.

The British army like the Americans were restricrted from using the maximum force necessary by the need to operate in areas where all out war was not an option. Bad press was always something that was of prime concern

Imagine the British army sending in tanks to Derry and blasting known hide outs of the IRA and their sympathisers?

The post war armies were trained and equipped to fight a war similar to WW2 not carry out operations against guerillas in a mostly urban setting

Archived