Visual proof of how over populated the UK is

where does it say the food drops went from these countries directly?

You are making assumptions again and when Geldof himself said they bought the food from Ethiopians, I would take his assertion over omissions from Wikipedia!

I've no idea, you're the one making the claims, for which you've provided zero evidence.

I think if the food originally came from Ethiopia, was exported to Sweden, Russia, Germany, the UK and Poland and then sent back to Ethiopia again there might have been something in the press about it.

The World Food Pogram intends to buy some of this grain in order to assist hungry people, ironically this group of intended food aid recipients will include those working to produce it in the first place.

http://www.tesfanews.net/archives/1887

For as long as I can remember people in Africa have been dying because of lack of food and clean water, yet for all this time we have been importing, food flowers, coffee from Africa, their lack of food is nothing to do with a drought, and everything to do with the fact that we can pay more for what they grow, so it is sold to us and not used to feed the people that need food.

You realise that it's quite a large place right?

In an attempt to keep this civil. Do you think the UK is not over populated? If so what evidence do you give to back this up?

To repeat myself again.

I am not stating an opinion on whether the UK is over populated. I am telling you that your assertion that the graphic proves overpopulation is wrong. A graphic that shows that a small part of the country is highly populated tells you nothing except that a small part of the country is highly populated.

What in that graphic do you believe proves that the UK is over populated.

Over population is not measured (by the way) by comparison to other countries. It's is an objective, not a subjective thing.

Then go and look for it yourself don't be lazy.

I did. I showed that the food exported to Ethiopia came from Sweden, Poland, Germany, Russia and the UK. I provided links.

Someone else disagrees and says the food originally came from Ethiopia. His evidence is a half-remembered interview with Sir Geldof Rat Don't Like Mondays.

I think if the food originally came from Ethiopia, was exported to Sweden, Russia, Germany, the UK and Poland and then sent back to Ethiopia again there might have been something in the press about it.

I found this,

At the time of the famine, the Ethiopian government was fighting rebellions in the northern provinces of Eritrea (now an independent country) and Tigray. As it had lost control of much of the countryside in the north, relief agencies brought in aid to those regions from neighboring Sudan. Some was carried across the border in the form of cash, which was used to buy grain from Ethiopian farmers with surplus crops.

The BBC quoted Christian Aid worker Max Peberdy, who took $500,000 into Ethiopia in 1984 to buy food supplies.

But it would appear that much of the money raised was used to buy weapons, presumabley so they could go out hunting for food. :)

why don't you try to disprove me? your wiki link says nothing of where the food came from.

Yes it does, it says the food came from Sweden etc etc etc. You claimed it doesn't but you've offered no evidence apart from something you claim Sir Rat Trap said.

Archived