Visual proof of how over populated the UK is

Then go and look for it yourself don't be lazy.

You know that's not how it works.

If I tell you that the sky is green, I need to provide some proof, not tell you that it's obvious go and find out about it yourself.

To repeat myself again.

I am not stating an opinion on whether the UK is over populated. I am telling you that your assertion that the graphic proves overpopulation is wrong. A graphic that shows that a small part of the country is highly populated tells you nothing except that a small part of the country is highly populated.

What in that graphic do you believe proves that the UK is over populated.

Over population is not measured (by the way) by comparison to other countries. It's is an objective, not a subjective thing.

Why are you repeating youself when I asked you a straight question.

In an attempt to keep this civil. Do you think the UK is not over populated? If so what evidence do you give to back this up?

Please answer the above, its a simple question.

:love: Naked fuzzy wuzzies.:love:

We need more, start a mass immigration programme as a matter of priority and it may help with the drought.:D

Dear girl, the well heeled ladies of S10/11 are most grateful for my nocturnal gyrations in Endcliffe Park of an evening, not that they'd tell anybody about it (apart from the police) ;)

Yes it does, it says the food came from Sweden etc etc etc. You claimed it doesn't but you've offered no evidence apart from something you claim Sir Rat Trap said.

No it does not.

Please point out where in the below text it says food was sent from the UK and the other countries?

In January 1985 the RAF carried out the first airdrops from Hercules C-130s delivering food to the starving people. Other countries including Sweden[25], West Germany, Poland, Canada, USA and the Soviet Union were also involved in the international response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983%E2%80%931985_famine_in_Ethiopia

All it says is the RAF and other countries delivered food. It makes no mention of where it came from.

No it does not.

Please point out where in the below text it says food was sent from the UK and the other countries?

All it says is the RAF and other countries delivered food. It makes no mention of where it came from.

It certainly doesn't say the food came from Ethiopia, as you claimed, with zero evidence.

It certainly doesn't say the food came from Ethiopia, as you claimed, with zero evidence.

like I said, it was an interview with Geldof where he mentioned the food was bought from other Ethiopian's. But then there is the mention of how Christian Aid did the same in the link provided by MrSmith earlier. So there is a precedent for this kind of action.

One thing we can say is that Food was bought by aid agencies in Ethiopia. What we cant say, as you have provided no evidence to back up your claim, is that any food came directly from the UK or other countries you have mentioned.

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/food-aid-how-does-it-work/

Interestingly

WFP (World Food Programme) says it would rather receive cash because then it can buy food locally or in neighbouring countries and boost local economies. This is usually quicker and cheaper.

That actually makes sense. Of course if the food is available in the same country then you have to question why their own government doesn't distribute it, but if it's from neighbouring countries or even further afield but still on the same continent then it makes a lot of sense.

Also interestingly

A common myth is that people are hungry because there is not enough food available or because of over-population, or because of a one-off disaster or crop failure. However, it is almost always chronic, long-term poverty that prevents people from buying what is readily available in their local markets.

Additional stresses like food price rises, drought, flooding, war and disease can create local food shortages which, without government or aid agency intervention, can develop into food crises.

While state or aid agency food handouts are seen as a short-term solution and a valuable tool to help, many aid experts say longer-term solutions are needed to address root problems.

It doesn't mention cash crops as a source of starvation and specifically mentions over population as being a myth.

like I said, it was an interview with Geldof where he mentioned the food was bought from other Ethiopian's. But then there is the mention of how Christian Aid did the same in the link provided by MrSmith earlier. So there is a precedent for this kind of action.

One thing we can say is that Food was bought by aid agencies in Ethiopia. What we cant say, as you have provided no evidence to back up your claim, is that any food came directly from the UK or other countries you have mentioned.

Until 1990something the UK was obliged to give a certain amount of food aid as food, so some of the food for live aid almost certainly came direct from the UK.

There is a Food Aid Convention, dating from the 1960s, that commits the world's wealthy countries to providing a minimum of about five million tonnes of food aid a year. Since 1999, donors have been able to make their contribution in cash instead of food. The total amount fluctuates, but has never dropped below the minimum.

Archived