Visual proof of how over populated the UK is

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/food-aid-how-does-it-work/

It doesn't mention cash crops as a source of starvation and specifically mentions over population as being a myth.

From your quote.

long-term poverty that prevents people from buying what is readily available in their local markets.

That’s what I said; they can't buy the food because we will pay more for it, therefore depriving them of it.

You know that's not how it works.

If I tell you that the sky is green, I need to provide some proof, not tell you that it's obvious go and find out about it yourself.

If I tell you to stick your hand in the fire its not hot, would you blindly do it or find out about it yourself.

If I tell you to stick your hand in the fire its not hot, would you blindly do it or find out about it yourself.

Based on your previous utterances, I'd ask you to provide proof that the fire wasn't hot by sticking your own hand in it first ;)

I'd ask you to provide some evidence. That's how it works. Your assertion, you need to provide evidence.

That’s what I said; they can't buy the food because we will pay more for it, therefore depriving them of it.

Local poverty is not the same as high food prices caused by foreigners buying food from the local market.

You can't alleviate local poverty by stopping the purchase of the only export the country has. Can you?

Is it.......:rolleyes:

Well, you surprised that one part of Africa could be suffering a famine whilst food is available in other parts.

You seem surprised that it might be a sensible use of aid money to shop food from one area of Africa to another. It sounded like you considered it to be just one slightly larger version of the UK, a single country. :huh:

Why are you repeating youself when I asked you a straight question.

Please answer the above, its a simple question.

Because you're asking a question that I haven't expressed an opinion about and that I don't wish to express an opinion on. Moreover you keep asking it in an effort to deflect my question, which was asked first, which is how you think the graphic you linked to in your OP proves the UK is over populated.

You started the topic, it's your title

Visual proof of how over populated the UK is

So, rather than keep asking me my opinion on the subject, why not explain how you believe that the graphic proves over population.

Please answer this simple question, on which we know you have an opinion, instead of seeking an opinion from me where I don't have one.

Local poverty is not the same as high food prices caused by foreigners buying food from the local market.

You can't alleviate local poverty by stopping the purchase of the only export the country has. Can you?

It’s not about alleviating local poverty, if we didn’t buy the food they would still be poor but able to buy the food that we don’t buy.

You don’t think that the people benefit when we buy their food do you?

Well, you surprised that one part of Africa could be suffering a famine whilst food is available in other parts.

You seem surprised that it might be a sensible use of aid money to shop food from one area of Africa to another. It sounded like you considered it to be just one slightly larger version of the UK, a single country. :huh:

Was I?

Am I?

Did it?

You do appear to be confused about what I wrote.

Archived