Visual proof of how over populated the UK is

Uk overpopulated by 45 million people!!!! That's very high and much higher than I thought.

Data here: https://docs.google.com/a/populationmedia.org/fileview?id=0B5F-idWfw7TeNWZiNjJlMmMtNTAwZC00ZjBmLWE0MzQtYmQyMTg2NTU5N2Rl&authkey=CPump9UC&hl=en

Although I see no source for where these figures originate.

If everyone on the planet consumed the same as the average European, the planet could only sustain 2.5 billion people. If everyone consumed the same as the poorest people on the planet it can sustain 16 billion people. The question is how much we want to consume, if we want to live the comfortable life that we live, then the population is too high, if we are happy to live in poverty and just eat rice, then we have a long way to go before we are overpopulated. Or can just carry on as we are and live a comfortable life in the knowledge that others must suffer.

Remember the Ethiopia crisis back in the mid 80's? Remember all the money that was raised to help the starving masses? Do you know where the food came from? It came from Ethiopia, bought from parts of the country that was not effected by the drought.

Of course it wasn't:

In January 1985 the RAF carried out the first airdrops from Hercules C-130s delivering food to the starving people. Other countries including Sweden[25], West Germany, Poland, Canada, USA and the Soviet Union were also involved in the international response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983%E2%80%931985_famine_in_Ethiopia

Remember the Ethiopia crisis back in the mid 80's? Remember all the money that was raised to help the starving masses? Do you know where the food came from? It came from Ethiopia, bought from parts of the country that was not effected by the drought.

That doesn't surprise me.

Of course it wasn't:

In January 1985 the RAF carried out the first airdrops from Hercules C-130s delivering food to the starving people. Other countries including Sweden[25], West Germany, Poland, Canada, USA and the Soviet Union were also involved in the international response.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983%E2%80%931985_famine_in_Ethiopia

Where did the food come from though? I'm not making it up, this was Geldof's own words. I'm paraphrasing of course, but in a recent interview he said it made sense to buy the food from other parts of Ethiopia rather then pay to transport it from further afield.

The UK, Sweden, West Germany, Poland, Canada, USA and the Soviet Union.

As I just said, 5 minutes ago.

Im sorry but you are jumping to conclusions. Where in the text on Wikipedia does it say the food comes from the countries that carried out the aid drops?

Where does drinking water come from if not from rain...? Do you reckon the number of people in the country has no effect on the water available for each person?

No, there would obviously be less UK precipitation if there were fewer fuzzy wuzzies here engaging in naked rain dances under the light of the silvery moon :hihi:

No, there would obviously be less UK precipitation if there were fewer fuzzy wuzzies here engaging in naked rain dances under the light of the silvery moon :hihi:

:love: Naked fuzzy wuzzies.:love:

We need more, start a mass immigration programme as a matter of priority and it may help with the drought.:D

Im sorry but you are jumping to conclusions. Where in the text on Wikipedia does it say the food comes from the countries that carried out the aid drops?

I think if the food originally came from Ethiopia, was exported to Sweden, Russia, Germany, the UK and Poland and then sent back to Ethiopia again there might have been something in the press about it.

I think if the food originally came from Ethiopia, was exported to Sweden, Russia, Germany, the UK and Poland and then sent back to Ethiopia again there might have been something in the press about it.

where does it say the food drops went from these countries directly?

You are making assumptions again and when Geldof himself said they bought the food from Ethiopians, I would take his assertion over omissions from Wikipedia!

Archived