Johnson Press - owners of The Star

I thought it was Scriven's personal propaganda machine. There didn't used to be a day go by without his mush being somewhere in it's pages .

Very true. As far as I'm concerned it's always been the Town Hall's inhouse newsletter. Too many folks in this city rely on it to tell them what to think.

Looks like the Star is to remain a daily paper for this year at least!

Quoted from Hold The Front Page:-

"Five Johnston Press daily titles moving to printing weekly from the end of May will be the only publications to change frequency in the foreseeable future"

The derbyshire times also a Johnson press newspaper is out once a week and is a good well presented paper so i would not be worried

Whereas the Doncaster Freepress (again a Johnson Press newspaper) that is out once a week is pure comedy gold at times, but contains more adverts than actual news

the star has seen increased sales since it went to a morning paper up by 3 percent unlike the green un sales which have fallen to below 9k even though both sheffield football sides are involved in a promotion tussell(£1.. price increase?)

Archived