The titan arum of british politics

I actually didn't realise that there was a general election next month. Bizarrely, my polling card only mentions the local elections.

apart from anything else, i do rather like the analogy and it's quite hard to see what the lib dems can do to avoid disaster at any poll.

apart from anything else, i do rather like the analogy and it's quite hard to see what the lib dems can do to avoid disaster at any poll.
I don't think people have really thought this through. Labour isn't electable now and, barring a miracle, still won't be electable in four years time. The Greens aren't going to have sufficient numbers to make any difference.

So more people will vote Conservative/UKIP? But then they won't need to appease the bleeding heart Liberals, without the coalition, they'll be able to do exactly what they want to do.

Hopefully the tide will have turned by the time the general election comes along. It could be a whole new ball game. Labour might even have got a worthwhile leader and some decent candidates. Or there might be more Independents. Who knows.

Archived