EDL gets owned on Twitter

Nothing wrong with the EDL, if we had listened to Enoch Powell maybe the country would have no need for groups like these however and everyone can pretend to be left wing.

You are aware that during the 60's when Powell was a health minister he invited health professionals from Asia to emigrate to the UK in order to cover serious shortfalls in the numbers of doctors and nurses needed to maintain the NHS?

Why does the crap spouted by anybody and everybody on social media such as Twitter or Facebook constitute "news" nowdays? Lazy journalism or what, they can just sit with their laptops watching what's "trending" or what people are gossiping about on Facebook, hey presto there is my weekly column for The Guardian or whatever other "newspaper" and thank you for my fee. They may as well just go to the pub, and report whatever people are gossiping about at the pub.

You are aware that during the 60's when Powell was a health minister he invited health professionals from Asia to emigrate to the UK in order to cover serious shortfalls in the numbers of doctors and nurses needed to maintain the NHS?

Selective immigration has never been a problem but what is the point of allowing untrained immigrants in when the people here cannot get jobs,Eastwood in Rotherham is rapidly becoming the Eastern European center round these parts hardly anyone works, rubbish is dumped anywhere,you cant go down there and not see old furniture beds,etc tipped in the streets,damage to property and general lawlessness is rife so go on tell me what use to the country are these people ?

A mate of mine lives down there he owns two houses next door to each other which have been in his family for years he is 70 y o and was born in the house he lives in,he cant sell his houses which he wants to do to buy a retirement bungalow..why..because the place is a mess simply due to the immigrant population down there

And yet many people regard him a racist :roll:

Why does the crap spouted by anybody and everybody on social media such as Twitter or Facebook constitute "news" nowdays? Lazy journalism or what, they can just sit with their laptops watching what's "trending" or what people are gossiping about on Facebook, hey presto there is my weekly column for The Guardian or whatever other "newspaper" and thank you for my fee. They may as well just go to the pub, and report whatever people are gossiping about at the pub.

That's essentially how Russel Howard operates. Populist ******!

To a certain extent I agree, the way news & sports channels/papers can report what's on Twitter CAN be lazy but on the other hand how can social networking be ignored when there are hundreds of millions of people on there? In the past (and present) quotes and actions from people created the news and there isn't really any difference with Twitter, etc except it is instant and there's no doubt that this makes it easier for journalists but that is just a by product. There's still good and bad reporting whether it be taken from social networks or not.

Most people did listen - it couldnt really be avoided at the time - and the majority decided that he was talking nonsense. A sentiment that most people today agree with.

Wrong! especially the first bit, dockers marched in support of Powell and people chanted his name in football stands.... but Powell was a bit of a snob and was embarassed that some of his "fan base" were this type of people and so recoiled back from it; had he decided to start his own party after being sacked by Ted Heath, half the Tory party would have joined it.

Wrong! especially the first bit, dockers marched in support of Powell and people chanted his name in football stands.... but Powell was a bit of a snob and was embarassed that some of his "fan base" were this type of people and so recoiled back from it; had he decided to start his own party after being sacked by Ted Heath, half the Tory party would have joined it.

That's quite an assertion. Based on what?

Archived