Fracking gets green light

Yes, businesses make a profit, that's actually a good thing. Gas suppliers make a profit in the USA too, their gas price still fell.

Absolutely not against business making profit. But £50 per bill per household is a ridiculous amount. Bearing in mind we are talking pure profit here. Not pre tax profit or anything else. I'm searching Google frantically for a graph I saw recently, where the lines are plotted according to wholesale and retail prices. That gap is getting wider, so I don't see any reason that would change.

This one - kind of highlights what I was saying though the one I saw before was over a longer period.

See the sudden rises in wholesale price, where retail price has to follow. That's fine. But the drops in retail price are no where near as drastic after the wholesale price drops. This effectively means that every time there is a leap in wholesale prices the gap gets bigger. It's almost as if they are saying "well they are paying that much now anyway, knock a few pence off and they will be happy"

So if this trend follows, I can't see a reduction in wholesale price meaning jack to us. Maybe a few quid a year at best.

This is the reason Centrica recorded £2.6 billion profit last year. I mean. Yeah businesses need to make money, but that's as blatant a case of the rich getting richer and the poor getting more poor as I have ever seen.

The only argument for it is that its a great way to extract cheap gas, but who exactly benefits from this cheap gas? I cant joe public getting any piped into their houses, so why take the risk of allowing it?

More profit for the greedy company and shareholders. I laughed at the bloke being interviewed on the news when he said the UK public could see their bills halved. The operative word there is, "Could," which translates as, "Not on your Nelly."

This will not result in cheaper bills. Somebody will have to pay for the clean-up costs. Us!

This just looks incredibly dangerous in densely populated areas, and I'm not convinced the coalition has the drive to regulate this effectively. It'll end in tears.

This will not result in cheaper bills. Somebody will have to pay for the clean-up costs. Us!

This just looks incredibly dangerous in densely populated areas, and I'm not convinced the coalition has the drive to regulate this effectively. It'll end in tears.

The Govt will listen to the lobbyists and think about all the possible tax revenue and i fear regulation will not be suffice.

Lets see how many earthquakes it takes to wake them up....:mad:

They sell it to gas companies who then sell it to customers at a vast mark-up.

If you think domestic prices will suddenly fall you must be living on Mars.

Far better to let North Sea gas run out and become dependent on Russia.

Archived