Anders Breivik sentenced

The guy MURDER'S 77 innocent people and is caught in the act and he gets a trial ???

That's pretty much how justice is achieved in the Western world and has been for quite some time.

Now thats what you lefty human rights idiots have done :loopy:. Wasting their tax payers money, to hear him waffle on about how it was self defence as the victims had been brainwashed into multicultural domination.

Err, right, so the right to a trial by jury is some sort of lefty human rights thing? :loopy:

The guy wants putting up against a wall and a bullet putting between his eye's.

Yeah, because killing in revenge is different to just killing...

He didn't get caught- he declared that the mission had been a success, range the police and surrendered.

Yes i keep hearing further details as more news comes out.

I've just found out he was born in London.

He certainly seems to have more respect for Britain then Norway on this issue> http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-04-17/breivik-quotes-british-surveys-as-part-of-his-evidence-to-trial/

He knows exactly what he's done and why.

That makes him sane as far as I'm concerned.

He doesn't regret it, and says he'd do it again.

He must never get out of prison, but if the maximum prison sentence is 21 years, there needs to be a way of extending it. If that means declaring him insane, so be it.

There is a fairly reasonable argument to say that anyone who believes shooting a boatload of children in cold blood can be justified, is not entirely sane.

However, the point at issue (for the courts) is not whether he is entirely sane, but whether he is sane enough to stand trial.

All terroist organisations come out with a similier excuse when they are justifying their actions, they believe its the same as war don't they.

The mystery of someone like Breivic is that he was acting alone.

Was he? I thought he was part of some far right organisation. Doesn't he salute them in court?

[/b]

Was he? I thought he was part of some far right organisation. Doesn't he salute them in court?

It's not clear to me whether he was actually a member of any such organisation; it's very clear that he supports the aims of various lunatic-fringe far-right groups.

There's no evidence at all to suggest that anyone else was involved in the planning of his attack.

He must never get out of prison, but if the maximum prison sentence is 21 years, there needs to be a way of extending it. If that means declaring him insane, so be it.

Presumably parole can be denied on the grounds that he's dangerous to the public, just as it can be here.

Presumably parole can be denied on the grounds that he's dangerous to the public, just as it can be here.

It can indeed; the 21-year rule is equivalent to our tariffs on a life sentence, meaning that the maximum tariff a Norwegian criminal can be given is 21 years before he must be considered for parole.

A parole board's consideration of whether to release Anders Breivik is likely to last about three seconds.

[/b]

I don't know about the salute,but i expect there will be suspicians he has not planned it all alone.

Most likely he will have his extreme supporters,some will believe him to be a hero.

The maximum sentence in Norway is 21 years but he can be kept in prison indefinitely if he is considered to be a danger to society - somehow I can't see anybody believing him not to be a danger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_imprisonment_in_Norway

Archived