Anders Breivik sentenced

Yes, I'm sure that's all that would have been reported, just the basic details.

Clearly it isn't all that would have been reported, but many of the details could have been held back by the authorities, how does telling us all the details help prevent such a thing happening again?

It's what you seem to be suggesting, that the media wouldn't bother to report the details for some reason.

I didn't say they wouldn't, I said they shouldn't, two different things, I know that some people thrive on the bad news that the media publish, if people want to read it, they will publish it.

Clearly it isn't all that would have been reported, but many of the details could have been held back by the authorities, how does telling us all the details help prevent such a thing happening again?

Likewise, how does not telling us all the details prevent such a thing happening again?

And anyway, the internet means even if the press did decide to avoid reporting on any detail, Breivik had already made his videos, which were still posted on the internet for anyone to see.

The only thing that needed to make the news was a man was shot whilst on a killing spree. There should be no media hype around it, then he couldn’t gain any support of sympathy for his cause.

This is quite an interesting turnaround for posters who don't believe in conspiracy theories, actually advocating the authorities start one.

The man surrendered.

This is quite an interesting turnaround for posters who don't believe in conspiracy theories, actually advocating the authorities start one.

The man surrendered.

It wouldn't be a conspiracy theory it would be a lie about someone being shot whilst on a killing spree.

Likewise, how does not telling us all the details prevent such a thing happening again?

And anyway, the internet means even if the press did decide to avoid reporting on any detail, Breivik had already made his videos, which were still posted on the internet for anyone to see.

I didn't know he had made videos of the slaughter.

Did most of the details even come from the authorities? What about the survivors who'd be happy to talk to the media.

How do you think that suppressing (and no doubt failing to suppress) the information would have helped?

Did most of the details even come from the authorities? What about the survivors who'd be happy to talk to the media.

How do you think that suppressing (and no doubt failing to suppress) the information would have helped?

All they knew is that some random nutter shot at them, it’s his reason that could have been suppressed which is what the courts are trying to do.

Archived