Would the world be happier without a God?

Another God thread and a silly one as well. The world would be a lot happier if everyone minded their own business when it comes to believing or not believing

Yes it would, unfortunately that's not the way it is, religious pressure groups across the world try to influence public policy in order to coerce people who don't believe what they believe into behaving the way they want them to.

Dont compound your silliness with remarks like that. It seems to me that people who believe in God are quite happy with it and atheists are also content with their conclusions that there is no God.

The questions of God only occur on the forum from people who cant think of anything else to start a thread on.

That's just not true at all, religion is all pervasive, you have people blowing themselves up in the name of religion, people bullying others because of religion, people attacking others because of religion, people hounding others out of town because of religion, people trying to get laws passed because of religion, discrimination in the workplace, and the voting booth because of religion, the list goes on and on.

I wish we lived in a world where religion was just a personal thing, unfortunately in this one it is not.

Nobody gets as much attension as God though do they?,whether fictional or non fictional.

I think you're missing the point, read the OP again, if God didn't exist in any form (that includes conceptual and in literature) then he wouldn't get ANY attention, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this post.

Nobody gets as much attension as God though do they?,whether fictional or non fictional.

As I see it, loads of non fictional people get way more attention than god, you don't often see candid photos of god splashed across the front pages of 'heat' do you?

Moody old sod!:hihi:

I think you're missing the point, read the OP again, if God didn't exist in any form (that includes conceptual and in literature) then he wouldn't get ANY attention, I'm not sure what you're trying to say with this post.

Oh thats not fair,I commented on the thread before and referred to the thread title. The OP must have been satisfied because he answered my post.:)

Not really, there were well established Greek, Roman, Viking and Egyptian religions that were not pagan and predated Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Not to mention Buddhism and Shintoism.

Yes you're right, but actually I was thinking in terms of Britain.

Archived