Would the world be happier without a God?

None at all, people with faith are not interested in evidence.

I have a free dvd and coarse called The evidence you decide. But I bet no one will bother on the other hand I love science and happy to debate

As for wars. People start them not God

There is another better way for a few people that can be bothered

bring on the ridicule or take up the challenge

And for the record atheists are responsible for the sickest and most deprived acts of re recent times,and the movement is on the rise again we never learn the lessons from history

Surely if God exists, God would at least dictate the Bible, God after all supposedly dictated the Qur'an.

Emporer Constantine, 3rd Century Christian convert, decided which writings, out of thousands, should be collected together to make a book, the Bible. Many gospels were left out. These are known as the gnostic Gospels and include the Gospel of Philip, the gospel of the Nazareens, the gospel of Judas, and allegedly the gospel of Mary Magdeline, arguably the most important woman in the early Christian Church.

Writings have also fallen out of favour and been taken out of the Bible, and come into favour and been included at various intervals.

It has been translated from Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic into Latin and many other languages, and eventually into English (King James Bible) which has afforded many misinterpretations and anomolies.

No, I don't think God dictated it to anyone, although mystics, prophets and visionaries are heavily featured in the old Testament and may well include what they interpreted as 'the word of God.'

Emporer Constantine, 3rd Century Christian convert, decided which writings, out of thousands, should be collected together to make a book, the Bible. Many gospels were left out. These are known as the gnostic Gospels and include the Gospel of Philip, the gospel of the Nazareens, the gospel of Judas, and allegedly the gospel of Mary Magdeline, arguably the most important woman in the early Christian Church.

Writings have also fallen out of favour and been taken out of the Bible, and come into favour and been included at various intervals.

It has been translated from Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic into Latin and many other languages, and eventually into English (King James Bible) which has afforded many misinterpretations and anomolies.

No, I don't think God dictated it to anyone, although mystics, prophets and visionaries are heavily featured in the old Testament and may well include what they interpreted as 'the word of God.'

If God exists and created everything, then God created the people responsible for all these translations and writing, God is also supposed to know everything, so when God created these people, God knew how they would translate the bible and what they would include. Therefore God would be responsible for the contents of the Bible. If God didn’t create these people and didn’t know what they would include in the Bibles then God isn’t much of a God.

If God exists and created everything, then God created the people responsible for all these translations and writing, God is also supposed to know everything, so when God created these people, God knew how they would translate the bible and what they would include. Therefore God would be responsible for the contents of the Bible. If God didn’t create these people and didn’t know what they would include in the Bibles then God isn’t much of a God.

Maybe, who knows?

All I know is I believe in God or at least a benign, beautiful, spiritual power far greater than ourselves. It fills me with wonder and affords me great comfort even though I don't understand it, nor can I explain it adequately.

I cannot prove he exists, (but neither can anyone prove that he doesn't.) I simply have faith which I feel is important in itself. I think about things deeply and can justify all my beliefs to my own satisfaction.

I try to live a decent life and want to leave the world a better place than I found it. I want to help as many people as I can and learn as much as I can during the journey.

All this I can do without the help of 'Religion.'

I think 'he' has created a wonderful world which we, through our own greed, stupidity and 'freewill,' are in danger of ruining.

I pray every night for guidance, and thank him daily.

It works for me...

Maybe, who knows?

All I know is I believe in God or at least a benign, beautiful, spiritual power far greater than ourselves. It fills me with wonder and affords me great comfort even though I don't understand it, nor can I explain it adequately.

I cannot prove he exists, (but neither can anyone prove that he doesn't.) I simply have faith which I feel is important in itself. I think about things deeply and can justify all my beliefs to my own satisfaction.

I try to live a decent life and want to leave the world a better place than I found it. I want to help as many people as I can and learn as much as I can during the journey.

I think 'he' has created a wonderful world which we, through our own greed, stupidity and 'freewill,' are in danger of ruining.

It works for me...

Do you know why you believe?

Maybe, who knows?

And yet you think you're not religious! Absolute madness!

If I were a member of one of the world's major religions I might be a little insulted by your post and the apparent hypocrisy, you talk almost as if you're superior to them in some way, and yet the way you talk about god and the nightly prayer and the way you conduct yourself on this thread about religion is exactly the same.

My view is that 'religion' is a man made entity and therefore flawed, whereas God is divine.

God is a man made concept, and so is divinity.

Why can't people have a personal relationship with God and what trouble can it cause?
It can cause all sorts of trouble, if you think you know god. Can you really not see how?

What is the alternative?
Other kinds of theism, deism, and atheism, there are loads of alternatives.

Archived