Benefits claim 2011/2012

Not sure, go to entitledto.com (or something like that- google it)... I don't think you can get any working tax if you are earning over about £16500- we don't. Child tax will depend... we get about £99 a week for 2 kids. This is based on me not working (student), and my hubby working earning not much more than what you earned.

But obviously everyone's circs are different :)

Wrong section and look forward to getting criticised by the Daily Mail readers on here for claiming "their taxes".

They shouldn't do- she is (I assume) still working after all and with 3 kids, if her partner worked , depending on their age and circumstances, it probably wouldn't be worth their while in childcare from my experience!

Working tax credits are a funny one.

If you are single

Then you must be working a minimum of 31 hours to be able to claim, but you must not be earning too much. If you are earning over £200 a week, then you will be entitled to barely anything. If you are earning something like £140 a week, you may get £35 extra

Couple

The rule is you have to be working 24 hours between you. I don't know what you are entitled to claim, but the amount of hours worked has gone up.

Lone parent

Hopefully this hasn't changed because most working mums would be up the creak. If you work 16 hours then you get a decent top up (I think).

Its all very complicated, basically wages need to go up, or the cost of everyday living (such as rents) needs to come down

Working tax credits are a funny one.

If you are single

Then you must be working a minimum of 31 hours to be able to claim, but you must not be earning too much. If you are earning over £200 a week, then you will be entitled to barely anything. If you are earning something like £140 a week, you may get £35 extra

Couple

The rule is you have to be working 24 hours between you. I don't know what you are entitled to claim, but the amount of hours worked has gone up.

Lone parent

Hopefully this hasn't changed because most working mums would be up the creak. If you work 16 hours then you get a decent top up (I think).

Its all very complicated, basically wages need to go up, or the cost of everyday living (such as rents) needs to come down

How strange- I have a single mum friend who earns in excess of £21k and she gets both CTC and WTC with the childcare element also. Yet us, as a couple, earning less, don't get any WTC. And there's 2 of us obviously rather than 1. I don't get how they work it out at all :confused:

Archived