Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

Thank you for the history lesson redfox, which was unnecessary. I remember at the time Roy Jenkins describing homosexuality as a disability.

America still have the death penalty and homosexuality is still not legal, according to some American states statute books. I don't think America is a bad country.

I think that you do need many lessons and all the help you can get old son. I am sure you were by good old Roy's side cheering him on.

You still have yet to answer my questions which with you speaks volumes.

Roy Jenkins was the Home Secretary a long time ago - he did decriminalise homosexuality though, so credit to him for that.

That will be the bisexual former Home Secretary, who played a big part in legalising homosexuality in the UK, who you are giving credit to.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 18:10 ----------

I think that you do need many lessons and all the help you can get old son. I am sure you were by good old Roy's side cheering him on.

You still have yet to answer my questions which with you speaks volumes.

You're still not the brightest colour in the rainbow, redfox :)

That will be the bisexual former Home Secretary, who played a big part in legalising homosexuality in the UK, who you are giving credit to.

Still no answer Gamston ?

Why can't you/won't you answer the questions Gamston?

Your sly dig does you no credit Gamston.

I didn't know Roy Jenkins was bisexual.

Still decriminalising homosexuality was the right thing to do, even though, apparently many in the gutter press were opposed to him. I can't remember who said it, but they defined him as a signpost rather than a weathervane: that is, he steered the public in the right direction, irrespective of whichever way the wind blows. He also liberalised divorce laws, and gave support to the Steel Abortion Bill.

Good for him.

If you've got a problem with people's orientations being gay or bisexual why don't you say why? Why are you being coy?

I didn't know Roy Jenkins was bisexual.

Still decriminalising homosexuality was the right thing to do, even though, apparently many in the gutter press were opposed to him. I can't remember who said it, but they defined him as a signpost rather than a weathervane: that is, he steered the public in the right direction, irrespective of whichever way the wind blows. He also liberalised divorce laws, and gave support to the Steel Abortion Bill.

Good for him.

If you've got a problem with people's orientations being gay or bisexual why don't you say why? Why are you being coy?

I don't disagree, that it was not correct to change the law, but surely you can appreciate Roy Jenkin's had a conflict of interest and it would have been a massive scandal, if his sexuality had been known at the time or shortly after the law change.

I am not being coy at all and have already stated, that I don't believe being bisexual is normal. I don't have a problem, if others including you, think otherwise. You and another person were unfairly implying another poster was bigoted in my opinion.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 19:49 ----------

It's also normal for a man to have a relationship with a man, happens a lot. Not usual, but normal.

I disagree. I believe it is only normal for a person, to have a relationship with someone of the opposite sex.

I don't disagree, that it was not correct to change the law, but surely you can appreciate Roy Jenkin's had a conflict of interest and it would have been a massive scandal, if his sexuality had been known at the time or shortly after the law change.

I am not being coy at all and have already stated, that I don't believe being bisexual is normal. I don't have a problem, if others including you, think otherwise. You and another person were unfairly implying another poster was bigoted in my opinion.

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 19:49 ----------

I disagree. I believe it is only normal for a person, to have a relationship with someone of the opposite sex.

No I don't see that Roy Jenkins had a conflict of interest. Do politicians who are straight and legislate on matters relating to heterosexuals not have a conflict of interest also?

I think his sexuality would've only been newsworthy had he stood up in Parliament and fulminated about the permissive society, but engaged in extra marital shenanigans in private. As it was, he was perfectly consistent.

Isn't normal a synonym for usual?

Is it abnormal to have ginger hair or green eyes then? Because they aren't the most common, or usual colours...

---------- Post added 17-01-2017 at 21:39 ----------

I think this demonstrates a lack of empathy and tolerance, which is known as bigotry isn't it?