Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

When I used the word 'normal' I meant 'normal' in the conventional sense and nothing else.

I understand your reasoning for your interpretation of my use of 'normal' based on comments I have made on other threads. I make no secret that I am not politically correct and believe traditional man and women relationships should be encouraged. I admit, that I would not be happy, if for example my daughter announced she was going to marry a bisexual man.

Why do believe that 'traditional men and women relationships should be encouraged'?

When I used the word 'normal' I meant 'normal' in the conventional sense and nothing else.

I understand your reasoning for your interpretation of my use of 'normal' based on comments I have made on other threads. I make no secret that I am not politically correct and believe traditional man and women relationships should be encouraged. I admit, that I would not be happy, if for example my daughter announced she was going to marry a bisexual man.

It's not politically correct to accept homosexual and bisexual behaviour as normal, it's just correct.

Would you describe ginger hair as not normal?

And why on earth would you be unhappy with a bisexual son-in-law? Can you explain?

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 08:17 ----------

Why shouldn't 'traditional men and women' relationships be encouraged ?

Why can't you answer a simple question? :roll:

Went out for 6 years with a very attractive bisexual female. Would willingly do it all again, if my heterosexual wife would let me!

What I found was that my bisexual girlfriend wasn't 50/50 in terms of attraction between male and females. She much preferred men and was more aroused by them - but - she could also find some (certainly not all, not even the majority) women sexually attractive. I suspect this is the case for many bisexual people? But maybe some bisexual folk on here can confirm it?

The big concern about dating bisexual people is about promiscuity, not "monogamy" as some of you have referred to it. Just to be clear then, a monogamous relationship is one in which a person prefers to establish a long term mate. That doesn't mean they don't have affairs, or other casual flings, but ultimately they are wired to stay with one person.

A promiscuous relationship is very different. Here someone actively seeks multiple partners and is geared towards casual flings and not long term relationships with one partner. In some cases the numbers of partners they have can run to hundreds.

As a person who values long term relationships with one partner, my concern about dating a bisexual person would have been that they needed something sexual that I couldn't provide them with - and therefore their bisexual nature would mean that they were always drifting off elsewhere to find it - i.e. being promiscuous. But, as I found out through experience, the sexuality of a person is not a clue to the values they hold in a relationship. That's down to each individual.

monogamy

məˈnɒɡəmi/

noun

the practice of marrying or state of being married to one person at a time.

the practice or state of having a sexual relationship with only one partner.

It very specifically DOES mean not having any sexual relations with any other person.

I don't think "promiscuous relationship" even makes sense. A relationship can't be promiscuous, a person can. A relationship that allowed other sexual partners might be described as open or polyamorous.

The 'finding it somewhere else' is not necessarily promiscuity, but is definitely cheating (assuming that the other partner is unaware and hasn't given permission) and is by definition not monogamy.

We agree on at least one point though. Someones sexual preference doesn't tell you much about whether they will cheat or not.

Went out for 6 years with a very attractive bisexual female. Would willingly do it all again, if my heterosexual wife would let me!

What I found was that my bisexual girlfriend wasn't 50/50 in terms of attraction between male and females. She much preferred men and was more aroused by them - but - she could also find some (certainly not all, not even the majority) women sexually attractive. I suspect this is the case for many bisexual people? But maybe some bisexual folk on here can confirm it?

The big concern about dating bisexual people is about promiscuity, not "monogamy" as some of you have referred to it. Just to be clear then, a monogamous relationship is one in which a person prefers to establish a long term mate. That doesn't mean they don't have affairs, or other casual flings, but ultimately they are wired to stay with one person.

A promiscuous relationship is very different. Here someone actively seeks multiple partners and is geared towards casual flings and not long term relationships with one partner. In some cases the numbers of partners they have can run to hundreds.

As a person who values long term relationships with one partner, my concern about dating a bisexual person would have been that they needed something sexual that I couldn't provide them with - and therefore their bisexual nature would mean that they were always drifting off elsewhere to find it - i.e. being promiscuous. But, as I found out through experience, the sexuality of a person is not a clue to the values they hold in a relationship. That's down to each individual.

An excellent post.

It will be interesting to see how the professional nitpickers analyse your honest comments.

---------- Post added 19-01-2017 at 09:36 ----------

I haven't made the the claim that they should need to be encouraged, you did.

Is it difficult for you to explain why you believe that's the case?

You and I wouldn't be here, if a normal man and woman relationship hadn't taken place.

I have already expanded on my use of normal by adding 'conventional' in a previous post.