Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

But that concept that a bisexual person in a relationship 'needs' to 'fulfil the other side of their sexuality' and so is more likely to cheat is completely unfounded and not based on any evidence at all.

I'll repeat what I quoted earlier.. A cheater is a cheater. Bisexual people cheat, and so do people who identify as straight, gay, trans, or anything else. A person's sexuality or gender identity doesn't make them cheat.

It is based on common sense. That is something that a lot of people don’t have including many so called professional or intelligent people.

To make it easier for you to comprehend, let’s remove the word cheating. What remains now is the word need. There are two components to the sexuality of a bisexual person so there are two needs.

The Bi partner says to the girlfriend, I have an urge to have sex with a man. She says thanks for being honest and not cheating. I can / cannot continue with our relationship because of your needs.

It is based on common sense. That is something that a lot of people don’t have including many so called professional or intelligent people.

To make it easier for you to comprehend, let’s remove the word cheating. What remains now is the word need. There are two components to the sexuality of a bisexual person so there are two needs.

The Bi partner says to the girlfriend, I have an urge to have sex with a man. She says thanks for being honest and not cheating. I can / cannot continue with our relationship because of your needs.

No...it isn't common sense. You're making baseless assumptions.

So I go to my partner tonight and say I have an urge to sleep with a brunette rather than a blonde. She says thanks for being honest and not cheating. I can / cannot continue with our relationship because of your needs.

Did I miss something?

It is not based on common sense at all. It is based on unfounded and rather ridiculous assumptions.

There is not a single bit of reputable research or evidence that suggests that bisexual people can't have monogamous relationships. Suggesting otherwise without such evidence is of course rather ridiculous.

Edited by Robin-H

Thanks, but it seems everyone is comprehending. That is apart from you.

I have done. Used to be quite fun as I got to look at other beautiful women, mostly because she'd point them out :hihi:

Oh and the split was mutual, no infidelity on either side. We still talk now and then.

She had to point them out to you? Maybe you were dating the wrong sex.

:hihi:

What a load of coddswallop. A bisexual sexually has no more or less needs than anyone else generally. A bisexuals range differs from a hetro, but that doesn't mean the need to experience both genders at the same time within a relationship.

What you're doing here is labelling bisexual conduct as promiscuous...it isn't.

Also..bisexuality it's a byword for a threesome..that's just wishful thinking for those that dream a lot...or hope!

Edited by Andbreathe

Your likelihood of cheating has nothing to do with your sexuality.

A picky bisexual person could find many less people attractive than a less picky heterosexual or homosexual person. Sexuality has nothing to do with it.

Also, many people in relationships wouldn't even think of cheating, because being in love with somebody means that the thought of causing that person pain by cheating on them would prevent them for ever doing that. Whether you're bisexual or not doesn't change that at all.

You seem to think that just because bisexual people are attracted to both genders and so have a bigger 'pool' from which to find people attractive, that makes them more likely to cheat. It doesn't.

Have you got any statistics to prove that ??