Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

It is based on common sense. That is something that a lot of people don’t have including many so called professional or intelligent people.

To make it easier for you to comprehend, let’s remove the word cheating. What remains now is the word need. There are two components to the sexuality of a bisexual person so there are two needs.

The Bi partner says to the girlfriend, I have an urge to have sex with a man. She says thanks for being honest and not cheating. I can / cannot continue with our relationship because of your needs.

Does such a thing as common sense exist? And if so, how does one evidence that it does?

It is based on common sense. That is something that a lot of people don’t have including many so called professional or intelligent people.

To make it easier for you to comprehend, let’s remove the word cheating. What remains now is the word need. There are two components to the sexuality of a bisexual person so there are two needs.

The Bi partner says to the girlfriend, I have an urge to have sex with a man. She says thanks for being honest and not cheating. I can / cannot continue with our relationship because of your needs.

It not common sense, it's nonsense.

If someone finds both blondes and brunettes attractive, does that make them more likely to cheat because their girlfriend is a red head? :confused:

---------- Post added 25-01-2017 at 08:55 ----------

Have you got any statistics to prove that ??

How about instead the people who keep making the assertion that bisexuals cheat more come up with some statistics to prove it.

Have you got any statistics to prove that ??

Why is OK for people to make unfounded statements without any evidence but when I point out that those statements are untrue, I need to provide evidence? The burden of proof is on the people making the claim.

Anyway, I've actually already provided links to two websites that try to combat these myths (post #229).

Why don't the people asserting that bisexual people are more likely to cheat provide some evidence?

Why is OK for people to make unfounded statements without any evidence but when I point out that those statements are untrue, I need to provide evidence? The burden of proof is on the people making the claim.

Anyway, I've actually already provided links to two websites that try to combat these myths (post #229).

Why don't the people asserting that bisexual people are more likely to cheat provide some evidence?

People don't have to provide evidence to voice an opinion. Common sense is a good basis for a person to have a view or opinion on any topic. A person can state an opinion, without it being a fact. I think you are confusing opinions with facts. For someone to state a fact, then they should provide evidence to support a fact, if they are challenged, but no evidence is needed to support an opinion.

You seem to have a problem with other posters, who have different opinions to you on this subject. That is just my opinion.

Edited by Gamston
typo error

Bixsexual people cheat more is not an opinion, it's something which is either true or not.

I think bisexual people are more likely to cheat is an opinion. But it isn't one supported by any common sense, it's just bigotry and/or ignorance.

So, what we've established is that those who say they wouldn't date a bisexual, no little about what bisexuality means and have in their ignorance (or bigotry) formed an opinion that bisexual people are more likely to cheat.

I'm glad that that's clear now.

Bixsexual people cheat more is not an opinion, it's something which is either true or not.

I think bisexual people are more likely to cheat is an opinion. But it isn't one supported by any common sense, it's just bigotry and/or ignorance.

So, what we've established is that those who say they wouldn't date a bisexual, no little about what bisexuality means and have in their ignorance (or bigotry) formed an opinion that bisexual people are more likely to cheat.

I'm glad that that's clear now.

Exactly. Thank you.

---------- Post added 25-01-2017 at 12:40 ----------

People don't have to provide evidence to voice an opinion. Common sense is a good basis for a person to have a view or opinion on any topic. A person can state an opinion, without it being a fact. I think you are confusing opinions with facts. For someone to state a fact, then they should provide evidence to support a fact, if they are challenged, but no evidence is needed to support an opinion.

You seem to have a problem with other posters, who have different opinions to you on this subject. That is just my opinion.

It's not common sense tho is it. We've already dismantled that argument.

There's an interesting article which I've linked below that provides empirical evidence to dispel the myth that bisexuals are more promiscuous:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/dating-decisions/201405/3-myths-about-bisexuality-debunked-science

That all depends on if you care that what you believe is true or not.

I find it interesting when the stupid, the ignorant and the misinformed handily use "opinion" as a way of shirking responsibility to explain why and how they have come to that "opinion".

That all depends on if you care that what you believe is true or not.

Precisely. I would imagine most people only hold opinions based on things which they believe to be true - I can't comprehend why somebody would hold an opinion based on information they know to be false.

Of course, what people believe to be true and what is factually true are different things, and so it is possible to hold genuine opinions based on incorrect assumptions. However, when evidence is presented that refutes those opinions it would be normal and sensible to alter ones opinions to fit with the evidence.