Would you date someone who is bisexual?

Would you date someone who is bisexual?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you date someone who is bisexual?

• Yes
    • No

If you're referring to the statement that bisexual people are no more promiscuous or do not cheat more than any other people I provided links to websites that stated that exact thing. I didn't just state an opinion without having anything to back that up, which is what others have been doing.

Provide me with evidence that bisexual people cheat more and I will change my opinion in light of that evidence, as any rational person would.

you stated your opinion as fact know it all.

imo I'd say they are.. unless you surveyed the entire population then I stand corrected.

you stated your opinion as fact know it all.

imo I'd say they are.. unless you surveyed the entire population then I stand corrected.

No I didn't. I presented a statement and backed it up with evidence.

As it seems you are incapable of adult debate and have to resort to insults and name calling I am not interested in continuing this line of discussion any further.

No I didn't. I presented a statement and backed it up with evidence.

As it seems you are incapable of adult debate and have to resort to insults and name calling I am not interested in continuing this line of discussion any further.

No you'd sooner stick to lambasting and patronising other members with "facts"... or in other words "your opinions"..

Now you agree that 'common sense' can be wrong, and some opinions can be wrong, will you concede (in the light of the evidence presented) that bisexual people are not more likely to cheat than anyone else?

I'm sure you wouldn't want to hold onto an opinion that has no evidential basis, especially one that unnecessarily casts a negative light on a whole group of people that have nothing in common other than their sexuality.

Of cause people's opinions however formed can be wrong. You are deluded, because no opinions have been been proved as facts and nobody has been proved correct or wrong.

Of cause people's opinions however formed can be wrong. You are deluded, because no opinions have been been proved as facts and nobody has been proved correct or wrong.

Have you read any of the links provided, or the referenced articles in those links?

There is a quite a bit of research out there about bisexuality and bisexual people's lives - you can't claim ignorance as a reason for holding onto bigoted and unfounded viewpoints when you are presented with access to that evidence.

You could claim that you don't currently know enough and that you wanted to read all the evidence before coming to a conclusion, but holding onto beliefs for which there is no evidence is foolish.

Have you read any of the links provided, or the referenced articles in those links?

There is a quite a bit of research out there about bisexuality and bisexual people's lives - you can't claim ignorance as a reason for holding onto bigoted and unfounded viewpoints when you are presented with access to that evidence.

You could claim that you don't currently know enough and that you wanted to read all the evidence before coming to a conclusion, but holding onto beliefs for which there is no evidence is foolish.

Perhaps Gammy just wants to save face by not admitting that he's wrong.

Perhaps Gammy just wants to save face by not admitting that he's wrong.

I'm not sure why people think that changing their opinion about something when presented with evidence, or even just when there is a lack of evidence for their opinion, is a sign or weakness or something.

I would happily change my opinion if someone managed to provide compelling evidence to challenge my beliefs in absolutely anything.

The personal attacks can cease now. If you have no interest in the debate then don't join in. If you're going to present facts then do so with reputable sources and don't claim your opinion as a fact.

I'm not sure why people think that changing their opinion about something when presented with evidence, or even just when there is a lack of evidence for their opinion, is a sign or weakness or something.

I would happily change my opinion if someone managed to provide compelling evidence to challenge my beliefs in absolutely anything.

I agree, however attitudes towards sexuality are ingrained for some strange reason. It's not like admitting someone got it wrong when they said that Bold 2 in 1 cleans better than Persil.....I think for some, where sexuality is concerned, there's a lot at stake.

Edited by Mister M