Is it acceptable to park in a disabled bay if you do not hold a blue badge?

Not so. My dad was blind and when he and mum used to go walking it was not an easy spot, certainly from distance.

To be honest someone walking arm in arm with another person is very different from someone who drives themselves, parks in a disabled space and no sign of any disability. These are the people many would question and it appears to be the group no one can give any reason why they would have a disabled badge.

What qualification in psychological medicine do you have to make this claim Cyclone? That all those with agoraphobia are unable to cross a carpark but perfectly capable of shopping in a shopping centre?

I said several times that this was an example and possibly not even a very good one. I don't need to prove that this single example is a good one though, you're the one who is claiming to be able to identify all people with restricted mobility by looking at them across a car park. Can you do that?

So this person has a heart problem that prevents them from walking a few extra feet from where they parked, but allows them to browse the shops. How does their heart know when they are in a carpark or a shopping centre?

I think you are grasping at straws Cyclone

It's a few extra feet is it, how about when the only space is >100 metres away?

I have already given you the definition of the word, disabled. You seem to be saying that someone can be able bodied but still technically disabled. This is the essence of an oxymoron and cannot be true.

You've given me a definition of what disabled means, I want to know if you really believe you can identify all disabilities by looking at someone from a distance. Can you?

To be honest someone walking arm in arm with another person is very different from someone who drives themselves, parks in a disabled space and no sign of any disability. These are the people many would question and it appears to be the group no one can give any reason why they would have a disabled badge.

Indeed .......

I said several times that this was an example and possibly not even a very good one. I don't need to prove that this single example is a good one though, you're the one who is claiming to be able to identify all people with restricted mobility by looking at them across a car park. Can you do that?

I'm sorry but you are arguing the toss but giving the flimsiest of examples they cannot stand up to any scrutiny. This is not my failing but yours. If you want to portray yourself as some form of expert on the subject (like you do for every subject discussed on Sheffield Forum) then you need to back up your comments with facts and examples, unless you are just another person voicing their opinion rather than fact.

It's a few extra feet is it, how about when the only space is >100 metres away?

So we are talking hypothetical here rather than actual fact? I can play this too? When did you see the last car park where there was a 100 foot gap between the disabled and normal bays?

You've given me a definition of what disabled means, I want to know if you really believe you can identify all disabilities by looking at someone from a distance. Can you?

Please tell me how a person with severe mobility problems (as stated in the governments own literature) can be undetectable to an onlooker? If you can I'm more than happy to accept your points, but I fail to see how this can be the case.

I'm sorry but you are arguing the toss but giving the flimsiest of examples they cannot stand up to any scrutiny. This is not my failing but yours. If you want to portray yourself as some form of expert on the subject (like you do for every subject discussed on Sheffield Forum) then you need to back up your comments with facts and examples, unless you are just another person voicing their opinion rather than fact.

So we are talking hypothetical here rather than actual fact? I can play this too? When did you see the last car park where there was a 100 foot gap between the disabled and normal bays?

Please tell me how a person with severe mobility problems (as stated in the governments own literature) can be undetectable to an onlooker? If you can I'm more than happy to accept your points, but I fail to see how this can be the case.

If it' is so easy, why do people often (like at least every other time he goes) confront my one-legged mate when he parks in a BB space at the shops / supermarket?

My friend has a blue badge and a Colostomy, don't know anymore, but I wouldn't call her a liar, not with what she's been through..

She does have other health issues maybe related, I don't know...:(

Strikes me, maybe the people that's having a pop at folks with BB's really want one themself's and can't get one :)

Think this thread has lost the plot, why would an able bodied person with any common sense want a BB? Unless they're an idle sod like some of those I see in Morrisons at Ecclesfield some of which park on the footpath near the cash macines at 7am when the car park is almost empty because they are too damned idle to walk 5 yards and I've seen the police do this too