Is it acceptable to park in a disabled bay if you do not hold a blue badge?

An extreme fear of open space would cause someone to be unable to walk across an open car park. Parking closer to the shop might be enough to get them inside. And like I said it might not even be a good example.

What qualification in psychological medicine do you have to make this claim Cyclone? That all those with agoraphobia are unable to cross a carpark but perfectly capable of shopping in a shopping centre?

How about a heart problem, that allows for a limited amount of walking/shopping, is that visible to your naked eye from the non disabled space you parked in?

So this person has a heart problem that prevents them from walking a few extra feet from where they parked, but allows them to browse the shops. How does their heart know when they are in a carpark or a shopping centre?

I think you are grasping at straws Cyclone

The 'exterior observation' you mention means looking at them, not a medical examination. Do you believe that all mobility restricting problems are visible to the naked eye (of a layman across a car park).

I have already given you the definition of the word, disabled. You seem to be saying that someone can be able bodied but still technically disabled. This is the essence of an oxymoron and cannot be true.

What qualification in psychological medicine do you have to make this claim Cyclone? That all those with agoraphobia are unable to cross a carpark but perfectly capable of shopping in a shopping centre?

So this person has a heart problem that prevents them from walking a few extra feet from where they parked, but allows them to browse the shops. How does their heart know when they are in a carpark or a shopping centre?

I think you are grasping at straws Cyclone

I have already given you the definition of the word, disabled. You seem to be saying that someone can be able bodied but still technically disabled. This is the essence of an oxymoron and cannot be true.

It's not just cyclone. Tell me how you can tell someone is blind from the driver's seat of your car, across a carpark?

Also, this might help you out:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/publications/blue-badge-scheme-local-authority-guidance

Edited by splodgeyAl

It's not just cyclone. Tell me how you can tell someone is blind from the driver's seat of your car, across a carpark?

It would be easier to tell that some isn’t blind.

Its reasonably easy to identify a genuine disable person with severe mobility problems, it is equally as easy to identify the people that are so obviously cheating the system, then in the middle there would be a group of people that you couldn’t tell one way or the other.

It would be easier to tell that some isn’t blind.

Its reasonably easy to identify a genuine disable person with severe mobility problems, it is equally as easy to identify the people that are so obviously cheating the system, then in the middle there would be a group of people that you couldn’t tell one way or the other.

How would it be easier to tell? From what distance can you tell the state of someone's rods 'n' cones?

Indeed, but I'm really struggling with the notion that this is such an important issue to anyone who doesn't have a blue badge and is therefore not trying to park in a designated space that have all be taken by non or cheating blue badge holders.

I wonder how many on-duty firemen are disabled?

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2735073

Guide dog or white cane maybe? Are you saying that there are blind people able to walk around using some other way of sensing their surroundings? What are they using, the force?

How would it be easier to tell? From what distance can you tell the state of someone's rods 'n' cones?

Indeed, but I'm really struggling with the notion that this is such an important issue to anyone who doesn't have a blue badge and is therefore not trying to park in a designated space that have all be taken by non or cheating blue badge holders.

I wonder how many on-duty firemen are disabled?

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/2735073

If a saw someone driving a car into a disable bay I would know that person wasn't blind.