Is it acceptable to park in a disabled bay if you do not hold a blue badge?

It would be easier to tell that some isn’t blind.

Its reasonably easy to identify a genuine disable person with severe mobility problems, it is equally as easy to identify the people that are so obviously cheating the system, then in the middle there would be a group of people that you couldn’t tell one way or the other.

Unless I was actually clutching my chest as the result of an angina attack, would you know, just from looking at me, that I had angina?

2.5 million blue badges? Out of a population of 60 million? Of whom 25% are estimated to have a disability... That sounds to me like there's 12.5 million out there, who ought to have a badge/should be entitled to a badge but don't have one!

by those figures, only one-in-six disabled people are actually issued with a blue badge.

Hardly swamped with them, then, are we?

To have a disability does not mean you are severe mobility problem though.

Unless I was actually clutching my chest as the result of an angina attack, would you know, just from looking at me, that I had angina?

Angina is not a disease covered by the blue badge scheme as it is not a severe mobility problem

If a saw someone driving a car into a disable bay I would know that person wasn't blind.

The 87 year old who knocked down two of my friends, killing one, and maiming the other was blind, for all practical purposes, but he was still behind the wheel of a car. http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/oap-in-crash-tragedy-1-1833372

Now you just getting illogical. Someone with severe mobility problems is identifiable to an onlooker, otherwise it would not be either sever nor a problem now would it.

Please provide an example of a severe mobility problem that is indistinguishable to an onlooker and I will accept your point.

Heart condition, agoraphobia, false leg, severe pain caused by walking.

How many more examples do you need?

So you cant give an example and your assertion of the 100 feet between disabled and normal bays is down to certain times of the day but is not definite.

Your argument is falling apart

Well someone isn't making sense, and I don't think it's me.

I've given several examples of car parks which are >100 feet between the far side of the normal parking and the disabled bays.

Surely it's the worst case that has to be considered. You can't base your argument on "it's not a severe problem because sometimes they can park in a normal bay that is right next to a disabled bay". What about the times when that isn't true. When they do go to meadowhall and the nearest parking is the overflow?

Think this thread has lost the plot, why would an able bodied person with any common sense want a BB? Unless they're an idle sod like some of those I see in Morrisons at Ecclesfield some of which park on the footpath near the cash macines at 7am when the car park is almost empty because they are too damned idle to walk 5 yards and I've seen the police do this too

"unless they're an idle sod"

Oh there's plenty of them around....:hihi:

You're right, this thread has lost the plot now :roll:

Heart condition, agoraphobia, false leg, severe pain caused by walking.

Heart condition - if the person cant walk a few extra feet from a normal bay but can then walk around the shops, this is not a sever mobility problem and therefore is not covered by the blue badge scheme is it.

agoraphobia - useless example you have already stated as being "not very good one" that has been refuted already.

false leg - if the person has sever mobility problem then they will be noticeable.

severe pain caused by walking - are you seriously saying someone can have sever pain and be undetectable?

How many more examples do you need?

One would be acceptable but until you can prove someone with sever mobility issues is just as mobile as the rest of us, which is an oxymoron as I have already pointed out, I'm still waiting.