Is it acceptable to park in a disabled bay if you do not hold a blue badge?

Heart condition - if the person cant walk a few extra feet from a normal bay but can then walk around the shops, this is not a sever mobility problem and therefore is not covered by the blue badge scheme is it.

We've established that it could well be significantly more than a few extra feet. You are only considering the best case instead of the worst.

agoraphobia - useless example you have already stated as being "not very good one" that has been refuted already.

No it hasn't.

false leg - if the person has sever mobility problem then they will be noticeable.

You claim that this is the case for all severe mobility problems, repeating your claim doesn't make it true.

severe pain caused by walking - are you seriously saying someone can have sever pain and be undetectable?

Are you seriously saying that you can read minds?

One would be acceptable but until you can prove someone with sever mobility issues is just as mobile as the rest of us, which is an oxymoron as I have already pointed out, I'm still waiting.

There is no need to prove that. I think we've proven that you can't detect all severe mobility problems despite your claims that you can and that's it, your argument is over.

I can't help thinking the lunatics have taken over the assylum on this thread and are arguing for the sake of it.

There are some pretty inescapable facts.

The reason why there are a high proportion of disabled bays is because a high proportion of them get taken by fraudulent badge holders and extra spaces have to be provided for the genuinely disabled.

The reason you often find the only parking spaces available are the disabled ones is that when ample parking is available the fraudsters don't need to exploit their fake badges and will park properly to avoid risking a fine.

It is pretty easy to spot MOST genuine badge holders as they clearly show obvious signs of being disabled. Bythe same criteria it stands to reason that if 50% of the badges are fake, then a high proportion of blue badge USERS who appear to have no dissability probably don't have a disability, and the authorities need to get to grips with them.

The only people who lose out by the current system are those with disabilities who cannot obtain a badge. This is because the authorities cannot provide enough places to cover the current quota of blue badges because so many are fakes or being used by people not entitled to use them, and so qualification to obtain a badge is higher than it needs to be.

Edited by vinyl

I am disabled to the point of having mobility problems. Pain, fatigue, breathing difficulties, all due to lung cancer and arthritis. I still get out shopping, in pain. I work a few hours, in pain. Walking is difficult, not impossible so is it too much to ask for a little help such as the Blue Badge Scheme offers ??

WeX, you have no comprehension of what the term disabled means, If I were you I would shut up.

Cyclone, you have stood up for people such as myself, thank you.

The 87 year old who knocked down two of my friends, killing one, and maiming the other was blind, for all practical purposes, but he was still behind the wheel of a car. http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/oap-in-crash-tragedy-1-1833372

I am confident that I could identify someone this is blind and driving a car, partially sighted would be a little more difficult.

If it doesn't exist why do they need to clamp down on it?

Disabled groups, including Keighley & District Disabled Peoples Centre and the Keighley Blue Badge Action Group are welcoming a government crackdown on the widespread abuse of the "blue badge" parking scheme in England.

http://www.templerow-centre.co.uk/bluebadge.html

How will I sleep at night?

Abigail....You are beautiful...............:love:

I'm not going to comment on the BB debate, but just all this about not being able to 'see' a disability. My brother has skin grafts from hip to toe of his right leg, 2.5 inch bone loss, 50% muscle loss from his inside thigh and roughly 20% muscle loss from calf, together with archilles tendon weakness from x3 releases. Nothing (except a slight limp) are visible...until he's been walking so long and literally can't take another step through pain and weakness - so no, not every disability can be seen.