Calling all steam train enthusiasts

sweetdexter

yes it was this one...

DSCN3712.jpg

Awesome pic dude, i cant remember what that train is called, i should know my dad made me go to enough of these train things when i was younger!!"

Awesome pic dude, i cant remember what that train is called, i should know my dad made me go to enough of these train things when i was younger!!"

you should know as this type was the fastest steam train in the world! you will be thinking of "Mallard" which is the same A4 class as this one, the one in sheffield last night is actually called "Bittern" but has temporarily been remaned "Dominion of New Zealand"

• 9 months later...

Just caught up with this thread again. I know it was normal practice for the Flying Scotsman to run with two tenders back in the steam days, but did the A4s? I guess the one coupled to Sir Nigel Gresley has had to be used because of the lack of places to get water these days.

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

I am stuart crump from Sheffield, I am a keen Steam fan, i have just started a group on facebook called For The Love Of Steam if anyone would like to join, hopefully to share photographs, outings, share information of known steam whereabouts and so on, please take a look and join if interested..

stuart

sheffield

• 4 months later...

Archived