Urban Explorers in Sheffield- Novices and Experts

Hey everyone, I'm interested in doing something like this after seeing some amazing shots from inside the Hallam Tower, the views from the top looked amazing.

So if a few of us are up for it we should give it a go.

I say this having no experience at all though so would definitely be following the lead!

Anyone got ideas for locations?

Try George Barnsley's Cornish Works on Cornish St.

I do quite a bit of Urban Exploration myself, went over to Europe to have a look at stuff over there last year - fairly unreal.

Some photos in link below.

Try George Barnsley's Cornish Works on Cornish St.

I do quite a bit of Urban Exploration myself, went over to Europe to have a look at stuff over there last year - fairly unreal.

Some photos in link below.

Wow JoeS just wanted to say your photos are amazing!

Hi people

Im an urban explorer based in sheffield. Recently been attacking the drains and culverts of sheffield such as megatron, blackburn meadow and thrybrgh res water tunnels but due to the bad weather these past few weeks that is off the menu so if anyone is up for a reccy let me know! :thumbsup:

This is trespassing, plain and simple.

I honestly don't see what the interest in old buildings is, and I'd expect, and hope, for you to be prosecuted to the full extent of British law if found illegally trespassing in Sheffield.

Oh dear, you don't know your law, do you?

Although it is technically trespass, this is a CIVIL offence and you will not be prosecuted because its not illegal.

Have you ever seen those Francis Frith books and photos? Back in Edwardian and Victorian times someone - usually the parish vicar - went out and documented life, buildings and what was the present so future generations would have something to look back on.

That's only what urbexers do - they go in and take photographs and document that beautiful old building before it's gutted or demolished. And not with cheapo compact cameras, but professional DSLRS with some pretty expensive lenses.

And some of these guys - including me - have got some great photos we share for free and offer a snapshot of life today. What have you done for society lately?

Edited by alchresearch