UKIP coming up on the inside!

At a general electrion all this would mean is that UKIP would come second behind the tories or labour instead of the lib dems in a whole load of seats. Is there any suggestion they could win a single seat on those polling numbers?

I dont think they will 2nd. I think its likely (if no party gives the electorate an unconditional referendum) they will come 3rd.

Ditto im pleased they are gaining ground, but i wouldnt seriously want them in Govt. I just want a bloody referendum. :)

To be fair to both Cameron & Clegg, they have done well to hold the coalition together so fair. I see the Tories backbenchers being the ones who will kill it now, rather than the Lib Dems. I just dont see any fight in the Libs at all. :(

I suppose the future bailout of Spain (inevitable) will bring the crisis quicker to the fore. I wait with abated breathe.

Hopefully the coalition will see this as a sign of what to do...

Hopefully the coalition will see this as a sign of what to do...

There is another big plus factor here aswell.

If UKIP supporters see themselves getting 9+% of the vote but no possible seats or only 1 or 2, then yet again, the PR question will come up. :)

I dont think they will 2nd. I think its likely (if no party gives the electorate an unconditional referendum) they will come 3rd.

Outside the marginals there are lots of tory seats where labour came third to the lib dems and lots of labour seats where the torys come third to the lib dems. If ukip have overtaken the lib dems then I'd have thought that would result in a fair few second places for UKIP, but no actual seats.

Outside the marginals there are lots of tory seats where labour came third to the lib dems and lots of labour seats where the torys come third to the lib dems. If ukip have overtaken the lib dems then I'd have thought that would result in a fair few second places for UKIP, but no actual seats.

You know, im a bloody bugger for skim reading....and i did that in your initial post. *smacks hand*

I think your right. Next months council elections down south will prove interesting. I cant wait to see the tory press on May 6th. ;)

You know, im a bloody bugger for skim reading....and i did that in your initial post. *smacks hand*

I think your right. Next months council elections down south will prove interesting. I cant wait to see the tory press on May 6th. ;)

Go on, predict the headline!

I'd love to see UKIP do well, gain some momentum and start picking up Parliamentary seats too. One thing they have to do though is change their £ logo, Euro membership will never be on the cards again, but the logo makes it look like they're still a single issue party about saving the pound. Nigel Farage is a great orator, I think very honest for a politician, says things as he sees it and he is usually right. Go UKIP!

Archived