What are your politics?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What are your politics?

• Far-left
    • Left
    • Centrism
    • Right
    • Far-right

China is a communist dictatorship. Just because it allows private industry doesn't mean it's not communist. [...] The Chinese state still regulates the economy in a top-down system.

If they employ a free market for goods and labour then it distinctly moves away from what we know as 'Communism'. If the state is dominant over citizens but not over the markets then it can be a dictatorship and capitalist.

I dislike the word 'communist' post-USSR, it means so many different things to many different people that it's hard to use it properly anymore.

Thank goodness we are still a democracy and not a one party state.At least we are free to swing to to the left or right.

The problem now though is more of us are in the middle because the difference between the three major parties are much more blurred.Around thirty years ago we knew what they stood for and there historical values,and they were clearer about what their policies were.I think its got worse since they started to use these spin doctors too,they play to the camera's now and you don't see the real person.

I can quite understand why more people don't vote now,but its a shame though because the vote is a right our ancestors had to fight for,and sometimes people forget that.

Archived