A No-Claims Bonus question

no claims bonus cant be used on two cars at once , some insurance companies will mirror your no claims onto a second vehicle but not all , best to shop around

I have had two cars for 20 years and I have fully protected NCBs on both.

OK sounds alright..it may help lower your premium if your were to become a member of the volkwagen owner's club or something like that..

I know that now, and have become a member. 15% off with Footman James apparently. But this was an impulse buy two weeks ago, and I (foolishly) just rang the company that I knew was associated with classic car insurance.

What if I stand my ground? Do they say "fine, but I have to inform you that you're not now insured", do they refund my remaining premium less extortionate fees, or do I say "I believe I was mis-sold this policy and I demand my money back"?

:huh:

Well that was predictable, they want another £50.

Apparently it doesn't count as a classic car, it's not old enough. The only policies available (to them) are "enthusiast car" policies, and NCB is not relevant, just as with classic car policies, but hey, it's fifty quid more.

So I wasn't sold a classic policy at all, despite asking for one. :suspect:

I explained to the sales guy precisely what this car was for, and that I was phoning them because they had a reputation for classic car policies. I explained that it would be garaged, used as a plaything in addition to my main car, and only coming out on sunny days and doing a few hundred miles a year. I answered yes to the question about NCB because that was what I thought my situation was. It wasn't explained to me at the time that NCB was relevant and only applies to one car at any time. The lady admitted that she didn't know that NCB only applies to one car until she started working in the insurance business.

I haven't told them to flock, but neither have they me. I'm not going to pay extra on a matter of principle, but also because I can get it cheaper elsewhere anyway.

She is going to listen to the recording of my previous telephone call and get back to me.

Not impressed.

Argue that it was a missale.

Archived