Aistrup family from Brightside area

Lukka

Does anyone know anything about the Aistrup family from the Brightside area? I am tracing my family history and I know that they came from around there. I am particularly looking any info on the real name of Girlie Aistrup, who her parents were and the my great grand dad, William Aistrup who i think was a bookie? Thanks, Tina

My gran knew someone called lily aistrup around that area..maybe the same one. x

I presume her real name would have been lillian,sorry cant clarify as my nan died a few years ago but i think she used to work with her at one time.

Edited by teenyweeny

My late husband's uncle, Charlie Johnson was married to a Girlie Aistrup possibly in fifties the Johnson family came from the Alfred rd area of attercliffe
The G.R.O. marriages index shows only one Johnson-Aistrup marriage in Sheffield - this was a Charles Johnson who married an Edith A. Aistrup in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1930. This Edith Aistrup was evidently born in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1913, apparently in the Alfred Road area.

The G.R.O. marriages index shows only one Johnson-Aistrup marriage in Sheffield - this was a Charles Johnson who married an Edith A. Aistrup in Sheffield in Oct-Dec 1930. This Edith Aistrup was evidently born in Sheffield in Jan-Mar 1913, apparently in the Alfred Road area.

My Brother (Eric Stevens) used to go to school with a lad called Alan Aistrup,That would have been Coleridge road schooll . Alan used to live on Coleridge road in th e1960s

My Brother (Eric Stevens) used to go to school with a lad called Alan Aistrup,That would have been Coleridge road schooll . Alan used to live on Coleridge road in th e1960s
The births index shows an Alan Aistrup, born in Sheffield in 1949, who evidently married Susan Edwards in Sheffield in 1972. The 2003 electoral roll shows them at an address in S13. The same roll shows two other Aistrups listed for Sheffield, a Nellie Aistrup in S13 (who evidently died in 2005, aged 86) and a Shelley C. Aistrup in S26. Shelley may be the daughter of Alan and Susan Aistrup, as a Shelley Catherine Aistrup was born in Sheffield in 1975 with her mother's maiden name given as Edwards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Lukka

Girlie Aistrup (Edith Annie Aistrup) was my grandmother. William Aistrup (the bookie) was my Great grandfather. I have lot of information regarding the Aistrup family. If you would like to get in touch I may be able to help you further with your research.