Does Britain have a nuclear capability

Supposedly not; common knowledge (which may or may not be 100% accurate) is that we cannot launch Trident missile without authorisation codes supplied by the USA.

We might still have the old Polaris missiles lying around somewhere... they would still suffice to obliterate ten or twelve major cities, but it was felt necessary to upgrade to a system that could wipe entire countries completely off the map. :rolleyes:

Britain is one of 5 independent nuclear weapons states.

Officially there are eight, I think; USA, UK, France, Russia, Ukraine (?), China, India and Pakistan.

Unofficially, North Korea and Israel are known to have nuclear weapons and South Africa are strongly suspected, but none of them have openly admitted it.

Officially there are eight, I think; USA, UK, France, Russia, Ukraine (?), China, India and Pakistan.

Unofficially, North Korea and Israel are known to have nuclear weapons and South Africa are strongly suspected, but none of them have openly admitted it.

Its scary to think that some of them country's could drop a bomb on us and we would be toast.

Don't we send overseas aid to India & Pakistan?

Archived